What's new

missing photos. Won't save any.

NinaBeans

Reaction score
My new iPhone 6 plus won't save any photos!!

Or even screenshots!

There's plenty memory and I've tried downloading a camera app to see if that work but it doesn't.

Anyone else had this problem? Where could my photos be??

Every photo and screenshot taken by your iPhone 6 plus should be in your photos app. When you open the app, what do to see?

If you somehow enabled iCloud Photo Library, you will not see the camera roll. It will say All Photos. Go to Settings >iCloud and check to see if iCloud Photo Library is turned on.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Just to clarify...you take a pic and then you cannot find it in "Camera Roll"?
Yes that's correct. Nor is it in any albums. When I take a photo in camera mode. The photo zooms to the bottom left corner then goes black. If I touch this which is meant to take you to your photos it says there are no photos or videos :-/

Every photo and screenshot taken by your iPhone 6 plus should be in your photos app. When you open the app, what do to see?
"There are no photos or videos. You can take photos or videos using your camera blah blah......" That's under the photos tab.

And under the album tab. It says "all photos" nothing inside. And "recently deleted photos" nothing inside. :-/

If you somehow enabled iCloud Photo Library, you will not see the camera roll. It will say All Photos. Go to Settings >iCloud and check to see if iCloud Photo Library is turned on.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
I've tried taking photos with this off and on. Still no joy.

If you go to Settings>General>Usage>Manage Storage and scroll down the list to photos is there any storage space being used by the app?

If you go to Settings>General>Usage>Manage Storage and scroll down the list to photos is there any storage space being used by the app?
Yeah. 13.7mb In photo library and 5.5mb in photo storage.

Has the problem existed since you first got the iPhone 6 plus or did it start after an iOS update? If the problem has existed from the beginning, there's the possibility that the camera may be defective. If you live close enough to an Apple Store you may want to consider a Genius Bar appointment for a full diagnostic. This would determine if the problem is hardware or software related. A hardware issue would be covered under the warranty.

If it has been less than 90 days since you bought the phone or you have AppleCare+, you have free telephone technical support. You may want to try that before going to the Apple Store.

T
Has the problem existed since you first got the iPhone 6 plus or did it start after an iOS update? If the problem has existed from the beginning, there's the possibility that the camera may be defective. If you live close enough to an Apple Store you may want to consider a Genius Bar appointment for a full diagnostic. This would determine if the problem is hardware or software related. A hardware issue would be covered under the warranty.

If it has been less than 90 days since you bought the phone or you have AppleCare+, you have free telephone technical support. You may want to try that before going to the Apple Store.
Yes it's only two days old. I've booked a visit to the metro centre Apple tomorrow. So hopefully that will sort it out. I'm off on holiday Sunday so will be a bit upset if I've no camera. :-(

Thanks everyone for their help.

Apple just set my phone back to factory setting and then uploaded my iCloud. All seems fine now! :) they said it was just a 'bug'. Thanks all for your help!

Apple just set my phone back to factory setting and then uploaded my iCloud. All seems fine now! :) they said it was just a 'bug'. Thanks all for your help!
That's very good news! Thanks for letting us know, it may very well help the next member with the same problem.