What's new

missed calls time

jiggy1965

Reaction score
Is there a way to change the number of times my iphone rings before an incoming call is moved to the 'missed calls' section. Seems a bit short somehow (2 or 3 times)

Their should be voicemail settings when you first ring your networks voicemail.

hi,
i am alexi scavin
i am using i-phone since last 4 months and i have same as problem like miss call time, message time etc...............

I have precisely this problem on my iPhone 3G, and I should be grateful to be told how to access the settings mentioned in some of the previous answers to this question. I cannot find any settings to help with this.

Somewhere I found, on the Net, a statement that the number of rings is controlled by one's mobile phone network provider, and trying to contact mine — T-Mobile (or, as it is now, EE) — is a nightmare. I also found somewhere a very complicated procedure that one can apply oneself, but it sounded like a recipe for sef-induced disaster

I have made two discoveries since posting my question. One is that (at least in my case — iPhone 3G, T-Mobile [now EE] network) it is the duration in seconds, not the number of rings, that is predetermined. Thus if a short ring-tone is selected on the phone, it will ring more times than if a long, more musical one is chosen. That doesn't help much.

For the other, I went to a local EE shop. They innocently explained to me that, especially if one is on Pay as You Go (as I was), the network company deliberately restricts the ring time because if a call goes to Voice Mail and one then listens to it, one is charged for doing that — and charged even more if one replies — and one's own network cashes the charge, whereas if one picks up the call, it is the caller's network that gets the money. They persuaded me to change from Pay as You Go to a monthly package. That has slightly increased the length of time the phone rings — it is now 13 seconds — but only slightly, and there seems to be nothing further that can done.

Some years ago I was wishing that the phone would ring longer before going to voicemail. After finding no settings I contacted Verizon and they told me that there was nothing that I could do on my end, but that they could make an adjustment at their end, which they did. I assume that this is probably still the case.