What's new

Messaging

amyberta

Reaction score
Whenever I send someone a message from my iPad that doesn’t have an iPhone I have to go to text forwarding on my iPhone un highlight it and then re highlight it to put in a code so that it will go through. How can I fix this
Thanks
Amy

What do you mean put in a code? What specifcally and where? And are you on WIFI?

I’m on WiFi, I had shut my phone off and then when I put back on, I wanted to send a text to my daughter who doesn’t have an iPhone. I had to go to settings and then messages and then turn off message forwarding, put it back on, put in a code and then I was able to send her a text. The problem happens when I send her a text from my iPad. If I don’t shut my phone off there is no problem. I just don’t understand why it happens.

I think the problem is you are trying to send texts usuing only your cell #, that needs the phone on but if you add a second cont, your Apple ID, it will work. On your ipad, Go in to Settings>Facetime. Make sure you have both your cell #and your Apple ID listed here, twice, I marked where. 47A5D015-F861-4720-8487-20C406AB6CC2.jpeg
ThenGo to Settings>imessage and make sure you have both cell # and Apple id as shown in second picture. 4629186A-7C67-4588-AD47-D143AB2AAEC2.jpeg
Bu the way, the first picture had a line highlighted for your Apple Id, check to make sure that is also fill in.

Then do the same on Facetime and Imessage settings on your iphone

Last edited:
Thanks, everything is filled in. I guess I’ll just keep my phone on. If I have to shut it off I’ll put in the code. It never happened before.

What code? And where do you enter the code?

What code? And where do you enter the code?
On my iPhone I have to go messages and then unhighlight text forwarding the highlight it again and a code comes up and I have to enter in on y iPad and then I can send a text to my daughter or anybody else that doesn’t have an iPhone.

You said everything is filled in, do they also have check marks in front of each entry. Although it sounds like you ipad or iphone isnt actively connected to WiFi.

It shouldn't need to be highlighted but yes, you will be able to answer your Iphone from your ipad with that enabled. When I asked about you WIFI being in it was because I have found, at times, my ipad looks like the wifi is on, the icon
upload_2020-8-9_22-14-2.png
Shows all bars but when I go to settings, it shows the wifi is Not Connected.