What's new

Messaging Problem

Rikles

Reaction score
I have a IPhone 7 Plus unlocked and purchased from Apple and I am using Metro PCS. When I get messages from my answering service the messages will not group together. Instead there are random numbers in front of the senders name such as 416-9 or 398-0 and a bunch of others. So instead of reading messages that are grouped together or one continuous message a new message every time. It did not this with Verizon it only started when I switched to Metro PCS. Metro PCS told me they have no control of that and it has something to do with the sender. I contacted the sender and they basically say the same thing that they have no control of that. It only happens with the answering service all other messages group together. If is something that just cannot be corrected then I will live with it because I am very happy with Metro PCS other than this. I have tried turning off I messaging and creating a VPN but neither worked. Thanks for any help you may have.

The only time I get messages like that, they are from AT&T. And AT& T is my cellular service provider. Or when my Cable company sent a text notifying me the tech was on his way-that is generated via a program from the tech's phone. Or when Facebook is trying to make me think one of my friends wants me to download the Facebook Messenger app. I pretty much ignore it.

The only time I get messages like that, they are from AT&T. And AT& T is my cellular service provider. Or when my Cable company sent a text notifying me the tech was on his way-that is generated via a program from the tech's phone. Or when Facebook is trying to make me think one of my friends wants me to download the Facebook Messenger app. I pretty much ignore it.

If it was occasional I would ignore it too but it happens when my answering service text's me. It can be from the same client and the conversation is broken up. I just figured someone else may have solved it. Thanks.

the only solution won't help. If you enter the Answering Services name and number in Contacts, it would show that but that doesn't resolve your problem.

the only solution won't help. If you enter the Answering Services name and number in Contacts, it would show that but that doesn't resolve your problem.
Yes I figured the same exact thing and your exactly right it did not fix the problem. I am starting to think it is just something I'll have to live with. I guess in the grand scheme of it all that it is not all that big of a deal. Kind if a hassle but if it cannot be fixed I have no choice but to live with it. I mostly figured it could be fixed because it did not happen with Verizon. Thanks for your input I appreciate it.

If you have unlimited calling, try turning iMessage off in settlngs. Just use SMS. See if that does anything.

Try asking your answering service. It can't hurt!
Yes I did. The problem there is the humongous language barrier between me and their outsourced technical assistance. After numerous calls to them it is the carrier blaming the answering service say they have no control of that. The only thing that changed was the service from Verizon to MetroPCS. The answering service has not changed anything. Thanks for your input.

If you have unlimited calling, try turning iMessage off in settlngs. Just use SMS. See if that does anything.
Yes that was one of the first things I tried. It actually made it so I could not text my wife's phone but it did not change the issue. Thank you.