What's new

Maps wont play sound whilst connected to hands free kit

TechBod

Reaction score
Hi,

I have searched this but so far cannot find a solution...

A friend of mine has an iPhone 11, (I'm a Samsung Fan) and when he connects the iPhone to the hands free kit in his car, when the radio is on, the Maps App stops playing the directional sound completely, unless he is streaming music from the phone.

He cannot disconnect the handsfree kit as he needs to make and receive calls for work, but he needs to get directions at the same time as listening to the radio...

Any suggestions?

I would have some sort of idea where to look with an android, but the last iPhone I had was an I4 and that was only for three weeks, and about 10 years ago!!

Thanks...

TB

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

Take a look at the Settings app, go to Maps - Spoken Directions. There are three options, one of them is “Directions on Radio”. It allows to hear spoken directions when listening to the radio. If it’s enabled, turn it off/if it’s disabled, turn it on. Maybe that’s the cause for your friend’s problem.

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

Take a look at the Settings app, go to Maps - Spoken Directions. There are three options, one of them is “Directions on Radio”. It allows to hear spoken directions when listening to the radio. If it’s enabled, turn it off/if it’s disabled, turn it on. Maybe that’s the cause for your friend’s problem.

Thats great thanks, I will give it a try.

Sadly he is in getting on a bit and doesn't understand technology that well, and everything that he doesn't understand, is everyone else's fault!

I will give that a try over the weekend... Will he have to do that every time he wants to connect or are the changes remembered??

If you enable/disable something in Settings, it will usually stay that way. Only exception: With a software update, things can change back to default.