What's new

Maps app, not just for addresses

ardchoille

Reaction score
Usually, when searching for a restaurant or coffee shop, I use Siri because she has always proven fast and efficient on all of my phones. However, today I was wondering if it were possible to "cut out the middle man". So, I opened the Maps app, tapped the text box at the top of the screen and typed in "Subway restaurant near me" - I didn't really expect this to work without an address. To my surprise, I was shown a map with 10 local Subway restaurants near me. Each restaurant appeared as a red push pin on the map. Tapping a push pin yielded a banner summarizing that particular restaurant with more information available by tapping a right-facing arrow at the right of the banner.

I mistakenly thought that the Maps app was for use with addresses and didn't know this app could do this for businesses as well. Thank you, Apple!

Usually, when searching for a restaurant or coffee shop, I use Siri because she has always proven fast and efficient on all of my phones. However, today I was wondering if it were possible to "cut out the middle man". So, I opened the Maps app, tapped the text box at the top of the screen and typed in "Subway restaurant near me" - I didn't really expect this to work without an address. To my surprise, I was shown a map with 10 local Subway restaurants near me. Each restaurant appeared as a red push pin on the map. Tapping a push pin yielded a banner summarizing that particular restaurant with more information available by tapping a right-facing arrow at the right of the banner.

I mistakenly thought that the Maps app was for use with addresses and didn't know this app could do this for businesses as well. Thank you, Apple!

Two thumbs up for this!!