What's new

Make your iphone 4 faster?

dvboy

Reaction score
I found this new hack on Cydia called "Speed Intensifier",don't know how it works,but I'll be darned if it doesn't make my phone faster??Give it a try a let me know if I am crazy :confused:

I found this new hack on Cydia called "Speed Intensifier",don't know how it works,but I'll be darned if it doesn't make my phone faster??Give it a try a let me know if I am crazy :confused:

It does work...and you can adjust the speed.

I wonder if it is somehow overclocking the CPU on the iPhone. Are y'all noticing any increases in heat while using it?

I have tried it for a day now,no doubt it works,none.Just wonder if it could possibly damage the phone?I dont have a clue as to how it works.:confused:

From what I learned Googling "Speed Intensifier", all it does is speed up the UI animations, thus making the device appear faster. It's not gonna break anything at all.

you say its just the animations.....but a side by side test of my phone with it and my wifes without made me really wonder
my phone is WAY faster

try searching for stuf on maps....omg the difference
netflix is almost instant now
the server i run for my videos from the house is almost instant now
even side buy side reboots are crazy different
wonder if the iOverclock i run helps with this tweek.....SMOK'IN!!!!!!

just seems all round a much better machine to have and to hold
now i have only had it on an hour or so....ill get back after a good run with it.

anyone notice a faster drop in battery loss? if it IS overclocking it should drop your battery life faster

you say its just the animations.....but a side by side test of my phone with it and my wifes without made me really wonder
my phone is WAY faster

Well, like I said; that's what I gathered by Googling for the tweak. I don't really buy the fact that all it does is mess with the animations either, though.

Here's what I think it does: the iPhone 4 uses a 1GHz processor that is supposedly underclocked to 800MHz for battery life purposes. I'm thinking that the tweak allows the CPU to run at its full 1GHz speed.

I will continue to research this tweak and see if I can find a real answer as to how it works.

just done this and it is alot faster now thanks for that
Regards Mike

im not sure if i want to push my phone to its full potential i mean its just like a computer, sure overclocking is great and it makes it faster, but it also makes it less stable and more prone to maybe hiccuping or crashing, and also i think the iphone is already fast enough

This is a pretty neat tweak but it is just graphical only. Just try to move your icons they wiggle like crazy...lol

For those that have installed iOverclock..... How much difference in battery life have you noticed? There is bound to be some difference.