What's new

mail when screen's locked

jiggy1965

Reaction score
I've got my iphone set up so every 2 minutes the screen lockes and goes in standby mode or whatever. But unlike text messages or incoming calls, there's no notification of new email. I first have to unlock the screen and then Mail will check for new email messages. There's no way to get notified of new emails when Mail is open in the background and the screen is locked?

Open notifications / Cydia :) or notifier or notified all on Cydia

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Probably has to be jailbroken for this I guess? Mine isn't.

No way to do it without JB? Standard new messages is set on Push. Not that it matters cause all my accounts don't support Push. Below the Fetch Schedule is set on Manual, but now I've changed that to every 15 minutes. When I continue to Advanced all accounts can only be switched from Fetch to Manual. All are set to Fetch (cause Push isn't supported on those I guess). So now the Fetch schedule is set to 15 minutes. Now I can hear Apples incoming mail sound every 15 minutes even when the iphone is in "sleep mode" and has to be unlocked after 2 minutes. That's an improvement anyway cause first it didn't do that (Fetch schedule was set to manual). But I guess it's normal that, even when it checkes for mail now every 15 minutes, I can hear the Apple sound but it doesn't show an incoming mail notification?

Check out the possible new notifications with the upcoming ios 5