What's new

Magical connection??

Snoops27

Reaction score
Can someone please explain to me why it is that when someone calls me on my iphone4s, my ipad mini rings and I can answer the call using it. I couldn't believe it when it happened.

Can someone please explain to me why it is that when someone calls me on my iphone4s, my ipad mini rings and I can answer the call using it. I couldn't believe it when it happened.
It's one of the new features of iOS 8 called Continuity. It lets your other devices on iOS 8 and OSX Yosemite that are sharing the same WiFi network receive and make phone calls by connecting to your phone.

If you want to turn off this feature, go to Settings>FaceTime>iPhone Cellular Calls on your iPhone and slide the switch to off.

Here's the Apple page on it. Connect your iPhone iPad iPod touch and Mac using Continuity - Apple Support

Last edited:
It's one of the new features of iOS 8 called Continuity. It lets your other devices on iOS 8 and OSX Yosemite that are sharing the same WiFi network receive and make phone calls by connecting to your phone.

If you want to turn off this feature, go to Settings>FaceTime>iPhone Cellular Calls on your iPhone and slide the switch to off.

Here's the Apple page on it. Connect your iPhone iPad iPod touch and Mac using Continuity - Apple Support
Thanks v much. Thought I was going doolally. (Scottish word,lol)

You're welcome. The first time it happened to me, my iPhone was inside plugged into the charger and I was in the back yard with my iPad when it rang. It was quite unusual talking on the iPad like it was an iPhone on steroids.:)

Last edited: