What's new

Lost Mic after Cydia / BB Update

rjohnsonjr70

Reaction score
I have two 3G's that I jailbroke using CYDIA and the baseband update to 6.15.00 via redsn0w 0.9.6b5 and finally unlocked with ultrasn0w 1.2. After doing so, both phones have lost use of the microphone and callers can no longer hear me. This is NOT a hardware issue as both docks and headphone/volume/mute flex cables have been replaced. I have thoroughly searched the forums and have seen people post similar problems of losing use of their microphone after doing an upgrade/update. However, there have never been any clear solutions posted. Please help!

Also, all of the following have been tried with no success:

Fix #1: Push feature is currently not working properly on jailbroken iPhone’s. If you have installed an application which supports Push Notification System then try disabling the Push feature as it may solve the problem.

Fix #2: Try Resetting the iPhone: Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. This will reset your phone’s setting to factory defaults. Your contacts, calendars photos and any other data will stay intact.

Fix #3: There is a slight possibility that your iPhone’s headphone jack may have got some dust or rust which is causing the phone to think that the headphones are still plugged in when they actually aren’t. Try blowing out air in the headphone jack or try plugging the headphones in and out repeatedly. This trick may solve the no sound problem.

Fix #4: Restore/Update you iPhone back and start afresh: If the above solutions doesn’t help in solving your problem then you will have to start from scratch by first restoring your iPhone to the the original firmware 3.0 from iTunes, jailbreak it using redsn0w and then finally unlock(3G users only) it using ultrasn0w.

Fix #5: Install Insomnia from Cydia: Install Insomnia as your last resort. When you press the power button on the top, iPhone goes into sleep mode after 30 seconds, in the process turning off your [COLOR=#0000ff !important][COLOR=#0000ff !important]WiFi[/COLOR][/COLOR], sound and other stuff. When Insomnia app (available for free from Cydia) is enabled, applications will keep running and sound & WiFi will stay connected when the screen is off. This should fix your problem if all of the above solutions have failed to fix it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an Iphone 4 and lost use if my mic a couple days ago not a big deal i figured because I use my headphones constantly. Now the headphones mic and the mic buttons don't work. I haven't tried restore as in the past I have heard that a virus can brick your phone when you go this route.

Have you Found a solution to this problem yet?

What apps have you installed:
After Cydia I had MyFi, Voice Activator, lock info. I'm using green poison

I have an Iphone 4 and lost use if my mic a couple days ago not a big deal i figured because I use my headphones constantly. Now the headphones mic and the mic buttons don't work. I haven't tried restore as in the past I have heard that a virus can brick your phone when you go this route.

Have you Found a solution to this problem yet?

What apps have you installed:
After Cydia I had MyFi, Voice Activator, lock info. I'm using green poison

Have you tried the solutions proposed by the post opener?

Yes every tying including restore to 4.3.3. Didn't work for me either. Turns out I had a loose connection on my head phone jack just a fluke it happens right after I jail broke it. It was an easy enough fix just wish I would have thought of it first!