What's new

Loss of cellular

PapaRandy

Reaction score
I just lost my cellular on my iphone12 I can use wifi but not cellular.... what is the fix for this?

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

There are a few things you can try:

- restart your iPhone (turn it off and on again)
- make sure your iPhone is up to date. The latest version for the iPhone 12 is iOS 14.6.
- take a look at your settings, open the app and go to General - About. If there‘s a carrier settings update, you‘ll find it there. Update via Wi-Fi.
- remove the SIM card. Make sure it‘s not damaged. If it‘s damaged, it has to be replaced by your carrier. If it looks fine, reinsert it. Maybe it‘ll work afterwards.
- go to the Settings app, open General - Reset and Reset Network Settings. This will set them back to default, you‘ll have to set up your Wi-Fi, … again.

Hope that helps.

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

There are a few things you can try:

- restart your iPhone (turn it off and on again)
- make sure your iPhone is up to date. The latest version for the iPhone 12 is iOS 14.6.
- take a look at your settings, open the app and go to General - About. If there‘s a carrier settings update, you‘ll find it there. Update via Wi-Fi.
- remove the SIM card. Make sure it‘s not damaged. If it‘s damaged, it has to be replaced by your carrier. If it looks fine, reinsert it. Maybe it‘ll work afterwards.
- go to the Settings app, open General - Reset and Reset Network Settings. This will set them back to default, you‘ll have to set up your Wi-Fi, … again.

Hope that helps.
I actually did all those things and nothing ... a little frustrated leaving on a 3 month bicycle tour across the country on Thursday and this happens ...

Is Cellular Data turned on? If it is, turn it off and enable it again.

Maybe you have to turn off Automatic in Network Selection, and select manually which network to connect to.

Is Cellular Data turned on? If it is, turn it off and enable it again.

Maybe you have to turn off Automatic in Network Selection, and select manually which network to connect to.
Tried it thanks ...