What's new

Losing Music With Upgrade??

Panama

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 5 with 6.1.4...I have not upgraded to 7.....My wife has a friend that did the upgrade and she thinks she lost all her albums except the ones purchased from iTunes. Is this what happens? I have a lot of CDs that I put on my iPad and moved to my iPhone. I use BluRay and a wireless Bose speaker a lot for music. If I do the upgrade to 7 will I lose my music already loaded??? Thanks. I did a search and did not find an answer to this.

I have an iPhone 5 with 6.1.4...I have not upgraded to 7.....My wife has a friend that did the upgrade and she thinks she lost all her albums except the ones purchased from iTunes. Is this what happens? I have a lot of CDs that I put on my iPad and moved to my iPhone. I use BluRay and a wireless Bose speaker a lot for music. If I do the upgrade to 7 will I lose my music already loaded??? Thanks. I did a search and did not find an answer to this.

The update itself states that no memory will be touched with the exception of the operating system... I can't speak for everyone, nor why it happened to your wife's friend, but both myself and my wife have several albums synced from iTunes and we did the update OTA and neither one of us lost any music... Or any data for that matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk