What's new

Looks Like the iPhone 7 Will Have a Headphone Jack After All

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Image of iPhone 7 Lightning cable array leaks.JPG

MacRumors reports on an image that was shared by Nowhereelse.fr today that is purported to be of a Lightning cable assembly intended for the iPhone 7, and which, if genuine, would appear to indicate that the iPhone 7 will indeed have a headphone jack after all.

The image shows various parts of the assembly, such as cellular antenna cables and the Lightning port. Of particular interest is the white headphone jack on the left-hand side.

As to whether or not the image is genuine, it was anonymously posted via Weibo, so there’s no way of determining its authenticity. However, if it is, in fact, a photo of a genuine iPhone 7 Lightning cable assembly, complete with headphone jack, it should allay the fears of many who were not happy with the idea of the jack being completely done away with for the next iPhone.

Image credits: iPhone 7- Weibo, iPhone 6s - iFixit.

Source: Possible iPhone 7 Headphone Jack Depicted in New Image

Having just read through the rumours, if you are planning on getting an iPhone 7 would you change your mind if it didn't come with an earphone socket??

Gregory Isaacs r.i.p.

I'm not planning on getting a 7, but I am happy to hear they're keeping the jack.

One thing I didn't consider though, is that they may just make headphones with a lightning connector instead of the mini phono. That would be fine by me, so long as there's not an adapter or additional device.

I'm not planning on getting a 7, but I am happy to hear they're keeping the jack.

One thing I didn't consider though, is that they may just make headphones with a lightning connector instead of the mini phono. That would be fine by me, so long as there's not an adapter or additional device.
I'm sure they'll have an adaptor to be able to use headphones with the satandard plug on the iPhone 7; at an extra cost of course.

It wouldn't influence my purchasing decision either way.

@ffarl - Are you switching away from Apple?

I'm actually still not convinced that Apple isn't doing away with the headphone jack. I mean, its probably the only thing on that device that is analog. I welcome the 21st century.

It makes no difference to me either way, I will still be buying iPhone 7 whatever it brings.
Naturally the Queen of latest iPhone [emoji23] even if it didn't have a keyboard