What's new

Looking to build an app, advice?

Horsehaulin

Reaction score
I am looking to build an app for both iPhone and iPad for dispatching of towing equipment. Can some of the experienced app builder give me some advice on how hard this would be and if it would be worth it? Being that I am new to iPhone and have no idea about code, would I be taking on too much?

Sent from my iPhone 4S.

Hey, I am by no means an expert on this but like you I am wanting to learn. I posted on another thread for someone looking to build apps you may want to check out the Stanford (yes, The Stanford) course that is a free download on iTunes U. If you have an iPad I would suggest doing it on that as watching lots of videos on the iPhone screen would be tiresome. I am currently using it and there is a lot of information, however you need to do a little research first just to learn some of the terms and language used (if you are not completely fluent in computer talk, which I was not). It is a great download but does take some time to get through it all as it is based on an actual class they offer.

Hey, I am by no means an expert on this but like you I am wanting to learn. I posted on another thread for someone looking to build apps you may want to check out the Stanford (yes, The Stanford) course that is a free download on iTunes U. If you have an iPad I would suggest doing it on that as watching lots of videos on the iPhone screen would be tiresome. I am currently using it and there is a lot of information, however you need to do a little research first just to learn some of the terms and language used (if you are not completely fluent in computer talk, which I was not). It is a great download but does take some time to get through it all as it is based on an actual class they offer.

Which course, and thanks for the tip!

Sent from my iPhone 4S.

Go into the Itunes U catalog and search iPhone and iPad app development. I have not tried the iPhone version but I would imagine it is the same or at least mostly the same information as the iPad one....