What's new

Looking for a Note Pad app with folders

ngc7293

Reaction score
I have a Palm PDA with a note pad that has separate folders. I can add new folder names and then in those folders I can have several text files with named in much the same way as the notepad app that works in the iphone 4s.

If the 4s Notepad just had folders like my Tungsten, I would be happy. I have started making searches in the App Store, but there is a lot to look for and I have not found anything but programs for lists. Also it all depends on how you search and I have been searching for Note...

I have also searched 14 pages deep in this apps forum for anything related to notes, but I have not found anything. I suppose I have not used the search engine properly, so if there is a similar request, I would be interested.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

If you have the Notes app synced to Gmail, you can create folders in Gmail to use on the phone. Then, you can navigate to the particular folder on the phone and put your notes in the news folder. You can't move them - but you can cut 'n' paste.

I don't know about any other IMAP or Exchange folders, but I know this works (and works well) with Gmail:

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358603432.296917.jpg

Maybe that'll be enough?

Marilyn

I was using the built in notes app but now Ivan using Evernote. You can create folders (they call it notebooks). It has windows and Mac clients too... Plus web Etc.

@Marilyn, you've got to share the secret to your status bar Mickey-ness success.... <3

@Marilyn, you've got to share the secret to your status bar Mickey-ness success.... <3

Pretty cool, huh? :) I made them myself using the [free] computer program called Paint.net. Found a Micky Mouse outline on the 'Net, colored it to make different ones for the WiFi strength (red, yellow, green) and shadowed them to make them look 3D. Then, I named them for the iPhone WiFi images and stuck them into a personal "bits and bobs" theme I made. With the theme then activated in Winterboard, no boring WiFi icons for me!

Pretty pleased with how they turned out. :)

Marilyn

Pretty cool, huh? :) I made them myself using the [free] computer program called Paint.net. Found a Micky Mouse outline on the 'Net, colored it to make different ones for the WiFi strength (red, yellow, green) and shadowed them to make them look 3D. Then, I named them for the iPhone WiFi images and stuck them into a personal "bits and bobs" theme I made. With the theme then activated in Winterboard, no boring WiFi icons for me!

Pretty pleased with how they turned out. :)

Marilyn

I know what I'm doing tonight :0

I was using the built in notes app but now Ivan using Evernote. You can create folders (they call it notebooks). It has windows and Mac clients too... Plus web Etc.
Evernote is kind of convoluted in that in order to add a notebook you have to edit a note. I have tried to add Notebooks anyway and no luck.
I have tried Microsoft Onenote also. both of these apps want me to sync my apps. I suppose I will want to eventually, but not every time.
I think I have read that Evernote is a favorite app. I am not sure why.

Evernote is free and supports the cloud, so I guess the functionality, the basicness and the flexibility of the app basically catches attention. I've used Evernote for a while and it's fairly decent in my opinion. I rarely take notes on my phone but I do on my iPad, and on there, I'd use a mixture of Penultimate, Pages, Voice Memo and Evernote. They all serve their purpose, but I think Evernote and Pages would take the cake on the ones that I use more often.

As for the notebooks, you can always just create dummy notebooks. Just have them there with placeholding documents so that you wouldn't have to fuss over creating a new notebook and such whenever you need one.

I deleted Evernote because in order to get Offline Notebooks, you have to get the Premium version which is $45/year. It has other functions than that, but the Palm PDA had a better notepad than what comes with the iphone (in as far as function) and it was much older. I am just surprised there isn't an app that can duplicate those functions.

Just an update, in case anyone is interested in a notepad with folders. I found one called iDo Noptepad. There is the free version which doesn't allow folders and the $4 version which does. I am still playing with the free version to see if I want to commit to this. The notepad allows font size and color as well as text alignment. I would like it if it allowed the date system to change. It uses: Day name, Day numer, Month, Year. So for example Sunday, 27, January, 2013. I am from the USA and am familiar with a different method. All the icons are small. If anyone has used this I'd like to know what they think.

I'm still using Evernote. It syncs with my iPad, iPhone, Mac and of desktop abs u even have a plugin for outlook. I Also use penultimate and it links to Evernote. I'm using free Evernote. I took some notes when I was no connected to any wifi or data. When I came back to the office and connected to wifi it syncd. Also you CAN create notebooks without exiting a note. I created about 4 empty notebooks so I could move notes around to sort. I was even able to move my outlook notes into Evernote. Really a great program. I don't know why people don't like it.