What's new

What is the best app for private folders

005clive

Reaction score
I would like to have a password protected folder for some of my apps (bank etc), but so far I can only find ones that are set-up for photos etc. Any suggestions would be appreciated

If you are jailbroken,there is a tweak in Cydia called "Loctopus". Check it out.you can lock any app you want.

Last edited:
I believe Locktopus is not working on iOS 5.x (last I heard). Have a look at AppLocker ($.99, USD). With it, you can lock apps or folders or both.

Marilyn

Mickey330 said:
I believe Locktopus is not working on iOS 5.x (last I heard). Have a look at AppLocker ($.99, USD). With it, you can lock apps or folders or both.

Marilyn

Quite right Mickey.Can also look at Lockdown Pro.

Don't realy want to jailbreak at the moment, but thanks for your replies

Please, folks, read the reviews before purchasing an app. The two Lockdown Pro apps that I saw in the app store (by Hoang Nam and GAMESOFT) are rip-offs (according to the reviews).

Yes, but we we're both going with the first assumption: That the OP is jail broken or can/wishes to be.

Yes, there is no valid locking app for those with stock iDevices. However, both my recommendation of AppLocker and semel's of LockDown Pro are valid recommendations for purchase from Cydia (the jail breaker's "App Store").

At no time did we recommend going to the Apple App Store to get an app there. However, I can see your confusion as we did not specifically state there is no such app for a stock iDevice. Which there isn't... :)

Marilyn

Mickey330 said:
Yes, but we we're both going with the first assumption: That the OP is jail broken or can/wishes to be.

Yes, there is no valid locking app for those with stock iDevices. However, both my recommendation of AppLocker and semel's of LockDown Pro are valid recommendations for purchase from Cydia (the jail breaker's "App Store").

At no time did we recommend going to the Apple App Store to get an app there. However, I can see your confusion as we did not specifically state there is no such app for a stock iDevice. Which there isn't... :)

Marilyn

Thank you for that clarification. I had no idea. My apologies if I caused any confusion or disruption.