What's new

Long shot but maybe someone can help me

e34m50

Reaction score
Hi folks. Here's my situation:
Wife drenched her 4S; put on bag of rice, opened phone up to dry (alcohol put on board, chips, connectors); Phone turned on and back to life; then suddenly from nowhere, phone gave me the "plug to itunes" icon; Plugged it up and clicked restore but restore gave me an error; phone only turns on when plugged to usb.

Big question: Can I still get access to my photos? Can I plug it in on Windows 7 computer and browse like any other storage device? No recent back up from itunes and I tried iCloud with no luck.

Am I pretty much screwed or is there a magical way of still able to recover. I have not used the phone since because it won't let us. I clicked the "restore button" with the warning saying it will erase everything but then it errored. Help! Lots of sentimental photos for my kids that I would like to retrieve. After that, I could care less about the phone coz Apple said they wont replace it coz of the pinky strip.

Thanks in advance!

Hi folks. Here's my situation:
Wife drenched her 4S; put on bag of rice, opened phone up to dry (alcohol put on board, chips, connectors); Phone turned on and back to life; then suddenly from nowhere, phone gave me the "plug to itunes" icon; Plugged it up and clicked restore but restore gave me an error; phone only turns on when plugged to usb.

Big question: Can I still get access to my photos? Can I plug it in on Windows 7 computer and browse like any other storage device? No recent back up from itunes and I tried iCloud with no luck.

Am I pretty much screwed or is there a magical way of still able to recover. I have not used the phone since because it won't let us. I clicked the "restore button" with the warning saying it will erase everything but then it errored. Help! Lots of sentimental photos for my kids that I would like to retrieve. After that, I could care less about the phone coz Apple said they wont replace it coz of the pinky strip.

Thanks in advance!

Similar subject came up yesterday, try to see if you can use Windows Explorer to retrieve your information. Sorry to hear that happened.

Yeah. My wife is not willing to let go of those files so I'm also deep into the issue and have not stopped searching for weeks now. I did plug in my "working" Iphone 4 to my work computer with Windows 7 and I can easily access photos in it. I don't know if it will allow me to do the same with the broken 4S. I just thought maybe there's a software that can force retrieve files even if the phone is "inaccessible." Tried a bunch of softwares but it won't detect the plugged in iphone. Frustration at it's best.

The failure was due to trapped water that you weren't able to see. You can try another full drying cycle to see if the phone will recover, but don't get your hopes up. Of course you can always take it to a repair shop that specializes in water damaged iPhones to see what they can do for you.