What's new

Live TV App?

Try an app called tv catchup. Search for it on app store. It's free and despite the name it shows live tv. Usually about 15-30 seconds behind the broadcast on my tv.

This app also now allows streaming over 3G 😄 bonus when out with the wife shopping (laughs out loud)

iHolophyte

Dr.Gee said:
You can also get a remote app such as splashtop and watch it from your pc.you would need a cable connection and tuner card.cheaper and easier than sling box.cant get your premiums unless you run it thru a cable box.with the
hbo and cinemax apps it isnt a big deal

I have splashpad I think it's called. Hate to get off topic but I am suppose to be able to view my desktop even when I am on someone else's Internet but it says I have to do something with my firewall. I can't figure it out. Any ideas?

tracylfarr said:
I have splashpad I think it's called. Hate to get off topic but I am suppose to be able to view my desktop even when I am on someone else's Internet but it says I have to do something with my firewall. I can't figure it out. Any ideas?

Might be splashpad.

You can test if your firewall is the problem by disabling it and trying again.

enots27 said:
You can test if your firewall is the problem by disabling it and trying again.

They gave me steps to allow splashpad to enter into the computer but I coukdnt figure it out where to add it to my virus protection.

Can someone verify the app tv catchup? I cannot find it in the market and would like to explore it. Thanks

Can someone verify the app tv catchup? I cannot find it in the market and would like to explore it. Thanks

Type in tv catchup. It's the top one saying watch tv free. I'd do a link but I don't know how to do links to the app store. So here's a pic instead (laughs out loud)

It's only the UK market I think.

027d2b10-b4c2-9ba1.jpg

Once downloaded if you go into notifications and into the app you can change to 3G streaming if you wish.

iHolophyte

As someone else said, if you have the money go the Slingbox route. I bought a basic Slingbox (Tuner Model) several years ago that allowed me to watch my on TV from anywhere I had an internet connection. I finally bought an iPad in September 2010 and upgraded to a better Slingbox Model. Since SlingMedia didn't support the Ipad yet I bought the first iPhone App. A little grainy on the larger iPad screen but well worth $30. Remember, with Slingbox there are no recurring fees. They finally came out with an App for the iPad so I spent another $30 for it. It's unreal, like HD quality! Now, I'm 3 weeks from going from a Torch to an Iphone 4s and since I'd already bought the iPhone App I now can watch TV on my 4s. With my Slingbox I can control my DVR, etc. at home. What is so cool is I watched the Alabama/LSU football game in the fall of 2010 from Israel at midnight on my iPad. Had 10 guys sitting around dumbfounded as to how I could do that. :eek:)