What's new

Live TV App?

newguy470

Reaction score
Is there an app I can download or buy for my iPhone 4 that will allow me to watch live TV without the use of a wifi connection? Thanks

Type in "Live TV" on the app store and choose which one is best for you. Some only work via wifi some work via both. It's really your choice.

iHolophyte

Thanks. Do all of them need to have something plugged into my TV for them to work?

Thanks. Do all of them need to have something plugged into my TV for them to work?

No you can watch live TV from your phone. As I do unless your buy the apple TV adaptor that allows you to transfer what you're watching from your phone to your TV but there quite expensive. On the apple website has details of this should you be interested.

http://www.apple.com/uk/appletv/

iHolophyte

You can also get a remote app such as splashtop and watch it from your pc.you would need a cable connection and tuner card.cheaper and easier than sling box.cant get your premiums unless you run it thru a cable box.with the
hbo and cinemax apps it isnt a big deal

If you have the money I recommend slingbox. You need to get the actual slingbox (less than $100 on ebay for sling solo). Hook it up to your cable or dish box then get the mobile app ($30). There are other less expensive alternatives out there but if you want to have access to watch all your channels, control dvrs or what not slingbox is by far the best, again if you have the money. It has been an absolute savior for me especially since you can use it on your regular computer as well. I had to travel for work this past summer and found it pretty awesome that I would sit in my hotel in Germany and watch live baseball games (account for time difference).

Hi, you can try Mobile TV Elite software, which you can use to watch free live TV on your mobile phone, i Pad and other portable devices. I use it before and it works for me. Mobile TV Elite is a legal and safe mobile software that allow you to watch over 1,000 Satellite HD channels via optimized streaming technology on your mobile cell phone or i Pad.

Hi, you can try Mobile TV Elite software, which you can use to watch free live TV on your mobile phone, i Pad and other portable devices. I use it before and it works for me. Mobile TV Elite is a legal and safe mobile software that allow you to watch over 1,000 Satellite HD channels via optimized streaming technology on your mobile cell phone or i Pad.

Where can you find this app? It's not in the app store.

iHolophyte

Almost sounds too good to be true. Anybody else have experience with this?

Hi, you can try Mobile TV Elite software, which you can use to watch free live TV on your mobile phone, iPad and other portable devices. I use it before and it works for me. Mobile TV Elite is a legal and safe software that allow you to watch over 1,000 Satellite HD channels via optimized streaming technology on your mobile cell phone or iPad. It supports all kinds of mobile cell phones, such as nokia, blackberry, windows mobile, android, iphone, even iPad and other portable devices. Download it here and instantly turn your phone into a Super TV :

Mobile TV - Watch 1000 TV Channels On Your Phone

Mobile TV Elite Software is compatible with almost all types of mobile cell phones. You only needs ONE of the following things to transfer the software to your mobile device: 128 Mb memorycard or higher, card-reader or USB cable. Hope it's what you are looking for.

Sounds expensive.

It is I checked it out. It's basically a paid subscription to watch streaming videos which is not assigned to iPhones but to anyone that has a pc or web connection. You'd find it probably won't work with your iPhone as it needs plug ins. On that basis I won't be bothering. And the ones I use for the pc are pants. The streaming is appalling.

iHolophyte

There are a lot of people who have lost their money to Mobile TV. Google it and you will find out. It is a scam. They will charge your card then you get nothing. No response from "Support" or anyone. Go for it if you have the money to throw away.

Try an app called tv catchup. Search for it on app store. It's free and despite the name it shows live tv. Usually about 15-30 seconds behind the broadcast on my tv.