What's new

Latest OS versions - discussions

Thanks!

Are you still teaching children in Austria?

Why does my phone not automatically update?
I checked to ensure that permission was given under Notifications.
My phone is at 71 percent and it is sitting on a charger, but I still had to download it manually.
Updating the software manually is not a function of super hero's, but if the option is available for automatic downloads so we don't miss any, why doesn't it work?
It would also be a good idea if Apple sent us a text notice when the update was released, so we don't miss it.
I had a thought. My notifications don’t show a download avaiable until, as J.A. describes. But that isn’t where I look Settings>General>Software Update . That is where you can turn automatic updates on so your iphone will download while charging on WIFI. Or you may have automatic Updates toggled off and you can manually trigger the download from there.

I guess I have been too anxious to download the updates, for Apple t do it for me.
Next time I see an update announced, I'll wait a month and see if it happens automatically.

Thanks

Why? If you want to update, go for it. No need to wait on an automatic update. All you need do is initiate the update. Then you can go do other things while it updates.

Why? If you want to update, go for it. No need to wait on an automatic update. All you need do is initiate the update. Then you can go do other things while it updates.
You are right but if I wait then it will do it automatically. It’s not that I can’t do it myself. It is just that I want to see if I wait long enough that it will do it automatically li have never seen it update that way and I want to see if it updates by itself at least once

Apple’s latest updates:
tvOS 16.3.1 and HomePod software 16.3.1, with performance and stabilty improvements

There were updates for macOS Monterey (12.6.3) and Big Sur (11.7.3) as well.

Apple released iOS and iPadOS 16.3.1, tvOS 16.3.2, watchOS 9.3.1, macOS 13.2.1, and a software update for the HomePod (16.3.2).

It seems like I just did my MacBook Pro a couple of days ago. Thanks for the info [emoji1474] [emoji41]

incoming-5E64F382-CAE3-47EE-BA92-11CB20DB4F94.png

Apple released
- Safari 16.4 for macOS Big Sur and Monterey
- iOS and iPadOS 15.7.4
- macOS Big Sur 11.7.5
- macOS Monterey 12.6.4
- GarageBand for macOS 10.4.8 for macOS Monterey 12.3 and later
- Studio Display Firmware Update 16.4 for macOS Ventura 13.3 and later

Recent updates:
iOS and iPadOS 16.4.1
Safari 16.4.1 (for macOS Big Sur and Monterey)
macOS Ventura 13.3.1

Thanks for the reminder.
Apple should sent us a text or some kind of notification when they are released.
Or, it should come from the service provider.
It seems like a good idea to me.

I sent you a 'thank you' written by chatgpt AI in the style of Shakespeare......enjoy.....:)
----------

Fair lady, I doth extend my utmost gratitude and heartfelt thanks for thy timely and sagacious counsel. Verily, thy wise words didst alert me to the recent update of the apple ios, which didst escape my notice until thy kind notification.

Thou art a true paragon of virtue, and thy kindness and generosity of spirit are a balm to my soul. I shall not forget thy noble gesture and shall always be indebted to thee.

May the gods above shower thee with blessings, and mayst thou continue to be a source of inspiration to all those around thee. I remain thy humble servant, and once again, I extend my sincere thanks to thee.

Thanks for the reminder.
Apple should sent us a text or some kind of notification when they are released.
Or, it should come from the service provider.
It seems like a good idea to me.

I sent you a 'thank you' written by chatgpt AI in the style of Shakespeare......enjoy.....:)
----------

Fair lady, I doth extend my utmost gratitude and heartfelt thanks for thy timely and sagacious counsel. Verily, thy wise words didst alert me to the recent update of the apple ios, which didst escape my notice until thy kind notification.

Thou art a true paragon of virtue, and thy kindness and generosity of spirit are a balm to my soul. I shall not forget thy noble gesture and shall always be indebted to thee.

May the gods above shower thee with blessings, and mayst thou continue to be a source of inspiration to all those around thee. I remain thy humble servant, and once again, I extend my sincere thanks to thee.
My lord, I doth express my gratitude for thy kind words which doth me honor. Thou art gracious in thy speech, and I, humble servant though I be, feel touched by thy gracious words, bestowed upon me.
(also worded by ChatGPT)