What's new

Latest OS versions - discussions

IMG_9780.jpg

Hi, since I upgraded my SE2020 to iOS16 it happened twice that the phone froze while it was in Guided Access mode. I had to use iCloud Lost Mode to exit Guided Access. With iOS15 I never had issues with Guided Access, I could exit by entering my code.
Is it a known bug or what?

Hi, since I upgraded my SE2020 to iOS16 it happened twice that the phone froze while it was in Guided Access mode. I had to use iCloud Lost Mode to exit Guided Access. With iOS15 I never had issues with Guided Access, I could exit by entering my code.
Is it a known bug or what?

Did you try a Hard Reset (reboot) to unfreeze it? I don't know anyone who uses Guided Access much.

Did you try a Hard Reset (reboot) to unfreeze it? I don't know anyone who uses Guided Access much.

I tried a Reboot but it didn’t work, after my freshly iOS16-upgraded SE2020 was stuck in Guided Access. (Here’s what I tried: “Press and release the Volume Up button and then the Volume Down button. Press and keep holding the Power button until the Apple logo appears”).

I tried a Reboot but it didn’t work, after my freshly iOS16-upgraded SE2020 was stuck in Guided Access. (Here’s what I tried: “Press and release the Volume Up button and then the Volume Down button. Press and keep holding the Power button until the Apple logo appears”).

What I don't know, was it Guided Access or the app you were in? Did you try Guided Access in a different app?

What I don't know, was it Guided Access or the app you were in? Did you try Guided Access in a different app?

It happened in two different apps in Guided Access in the last few days. Anyway yesterday I also had a temporary short-timed freeze while taking a photo (no Guided Access). All these issues are new for me, I think they are related to the os upgrade to iOS16.

It happened in two different apps in Guided Access in the last few days. Anyway yesterday I also had a temporary short-timed freeze while taking a photo (no Guided Access). All these issues are new for me, I think they are related to the os upgrade to iOS16.

An OS Update can sometimes cause issues. If it continues to happen, first reboot the iPhone. If that doesn't work, Reset All Settings. This resets everything in Settings, clock, alarms, Reminders, wallpapers, etc. You would need to sign back in to wifi. If that doesn't work, try Erase All Content and Settings. Then start all over. And set your iPhone up as new, not from a back up. If there's any corruption in the software, this should fix it.

Apple released iTunes 12.12.6 for Windows, and Safari 16.1 for macOS Monterey and Big Sur.

Apple published iOS and iPadOS 15.7.1 for devices unable to run iOS/iPadOS 16.
There were also updates for macOS Big Sur and Monterey.

See information: