What's new

Latest OS versions - discussions

I have noticed one bug on iOS 16 on my iPhone 8. After a reset the log in screen asks for my passcode but does not display the keyboard. Pressing the power button and then home button brings up the same screen but now with the keyboard. (The passcode is required at this stage to enable subsequent fingerprint access.)

I'm curious...how the speed on the iPhone 8 with iOS16 installed?

I'm curious...how the speed on the iPhone 8 with iOS16 installed?
I haven’t noticed any particular difference in speed, but then I only just saw your comment. I will keep an eye on it.

One thing I noticed when typing here. A new (I think…) banner above the keyboard with ‘Forums, what’s new, post thread and search’ often covers what I am typing. The page doesn’t always seem to move automatically with the cursor.

Apple released the following updates today:

iOS 16 for iPhone 8 and later, iOS 15.7 for iPhone 6s and later; iPadOS 15.7; tvOS 16, watchOS 9; macOS Monterey 12.6; macOS Big Sur 11.7

Did you forget about the AirPods Pro update? The updated to 4E71.

I have noticed one bug on iOS 16 on my iPhone 8. After a reset the log in screen asks for my passcode but does not display the keyboard. Pressing the power button and then home button brings up the same screen but now with the keyboard. (The passcode is required at this stage to enable subsequent fingerprint access.)
Does this happen every time you need to unlock the home screen or just the first time after the download of IOS 16?

Does this happen every time you need to unlock the home screen or just the first time after the download of IOS 16?
I have not had the problem when unlocking home screen. It occurs after a soft reset, which I have done a few times to verify repeatability of the bug, and the first time after installing iOS 16, which ends with a soft reset

It wasn‘t mentioned anywhere when I posted. All I can find now is that 4E71 was published in May. [emoji2370]
I‘ll update the information immediately.

Your correct. I thought it was released along with the other updates.

Any ideas why the iOS16 update is not showing up on my 13 Pro Max? I am currently on iOS15.7, my wife was on 15.6 and got the notification to install 15.7 or upgrade to iOS16. My SE for work had the same notification. Seems odd that my phone hasn't had the option yet, my 14 Pro MAX is scheduled for delivery tomorrow I wouldn't think that should affect my current phone in any way?

I have not had the problem when unlocking home screen. It occurs after a soft reset, which I have done a few times to verify repeatability of the bug, and the first time after installing iOS 16, which ends with a soft reset
Thanks. Had you had to do it every time, I would not have done the update on my 8+ until they did the bug fix. ,

Any ideas why the iOS16 update is not showing up on my 13 Pro Max? I am currently on iOS15.7, my wife was on 15.6 and got the notification to install 15.7 or upgrade to iOS16. My SE for work had the same notification. Seems odd that my phone hasn't had the option yet, my 14 Pro MAX is scheduled for delivery tomorrow I wouldn't think that should affect my current phone in any way?
I only updated to 15.7 and the update page says my software is up to date but at the bottom of the page, it still shows “upgrade to IOS 16”.
1663255124924.jpeg

BTW, I haven’t yet done my IOS 16 upgrade. Still on IOS 15.7. Did a soft reboot. And I had to do the up, down, power button thing to get the iPhone turned on. So that tells me its not an IOS 16 bug but just the way the 8 is after any reboot.

BTW, I haven’t yet done my IOS 16 upgrade. Still on IOS 15.7. Did a soft reboot. And I had to do the up, down, power button thing to get the iPhone turned on. So that tells me its not an IOS 16 bug but just the way the 8 is after any reboot.
Thanks Bear7962.
‘Up, down, power…’ is the soft reset. The problem, I found, was with the login dialogue box immediately after a soft reset not bringing up the keyboard. There was never a problem with 15.6.1 and earlier. Although I installed 15.7, I then spotted the 16 upgrade and installed that, so I don’t know if the bug came in with 15.7. (It may well have done at the end of installing 15.7, but if it did, I did not take any notice at the time.)