Today, Apple published:
iOS and iPadOS 16.3
iOS 15.7.3 and iOS 12.5.7
tvOS 16.3
macOS Ventura 13.2
watchOS 9.3
HomePod 16.3

Thanks!

Are you still teaching children in Austria?

Why does my phone not automatically update?
I checked to ensure that permission was given under Notifications.
My phone is at 71 percent and it is sitting on a charger, but I still had to download it manually.
Updating the software manually is not a function of super hero's, but if the option is available for automatic downloads so we don't miss any, why doesn't it work?
It would also be a good idea if Apple sent us a text notice when the update was released, so we don't miss it.

Last edited:
Thanks!

Are you still teaching children in Austria?

Why does my phone not automatically update?
I checked to ensure that permission was given under Notifications.
My phone is at 71 percent and it is sitting on a charger, but I still had to download it manually.
Updating the software manually is not a function of super hero's, but if the option is available for automatic downloads so we don't miss any, why doesn't it work?
It would also be a good idea if Apple sent us a text notice when the update was released, so we don't miss it.
I’m still working as a teacher. :)

That’s by design. At first, Apple makes updates available for those who go to Settings and download and install the new software. After some time (it can be up to 4 weeks), when early adopters have found and reported most bugs, and those have been addressed by Apple, the update comes to devices with Automatic Updates enabled.
This also helps easing the load on Apple’s servers.

I’m still working as a teacher. :)

That’s by design. At first, Apple makes updates available for those who go to Settings and download and install the new software. After some time (it can be up to 4 weeks), when early adopters have found and reported most bugs, and those have been addressed by Apple, the update comes to devices with Automatic Updates enabled.
This also helps easing the load on Apple’s servers.

I guess I have been too anxious to download the updates, for Apple t do it for me.
Next time I see an update announced, I'll wait a month and see if it happens automatically.

Thanks