What's new

Latest OS versions - discussions

I started with Apple () on iOS7 with my Gold iPhone 5s. I loved that little phone...LOL [emoji23]
IMG_8317.jpg

Yep, iOS 16 Developer Beta 5 was released today. The install went smoothly on my iPhone. I didn’t have any issues updating my Watch to the latest watchOS Dev Beta and I’m currently upgrading my M1 Mac Mini. I’ll probably update my iPad Pro later this evening or sometime tomorrow.

The latest beta version of iOS 16 has finally added a battery charge percentage to the battery icon at the upper right of the screen. It’s no longer necessary to swipe down to bring up Control Centre to see the charge percentage.
View attachment 67890

From MacRumors, here’s the list of iPhones that get the battery percentage feature in iOS 16 beta.
iPhone 13 Pro Max
iPhone 13 Pro
iPhone 13
iPhone 12 Pro Max
iPhone 12 Pro
iPhone 12
iPhone 11 Pro Max
iPhone 11 Pro
iPhone XS
iPhone XS Max
iPhone X

I was slightly confused with Apple’s logic in allowing this on the iPhone X, XS and XS Max, and yet they’ve left out the iPhone XR. Luckily I only use my XR as a backup for my iPhone 12, but still, this is very strange.

The only differences between the XR and the X, XS and XS Max is that the pixel density on the X, XS and XS Max are both 458ppi, and have HDR, whereas the XR is only 326 ppi with no HDR, so that is probably the reason.

I’ve just looked at the spec for the iPhone 11, and it would seem the same reason exists for this against the 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max.

So that has to be the reason!

Last edited:
The latest beta version of iOS 16 has finally added a battery charge percentage to the battery icon at the upper right of the screen. It’s no longer necessary to swipe down to bring up Control Centre to see the charge percentage.
View attachment 67890

That's easy for you to say. I still can't see those little numbers even with my readers. I will continue to use my large widgets...LOL [emoji23]
IMG_9331.png