What's new

Latest OS versions - discussions

Safari Tip on iOS 15.

The latest version of Safari on the iPhone has the tab/address bar at the bottom of the screen.

If you prefer the tab/ address bar at the top of the screen, press on the aA in the tab/ address bar. A popup appears offering ‘Show Top Address Bar’ at the top of the popup; to change back, repeat the same process,but this time the popup has ‘Show Bottom Tab Bar‘ at the bottom of the popup.

I hope this is of use to others.

BTW, I am impressed that iOS 15 can be installed on my 7 year old iPad air 2. Ok most of the new functions are not applicable, but at least I don’t feel that it is now too old for support. I expect future systems, e.g. iOS 16, will not to be available for such an old iPad.

Apple released iOS and iPadOS 15.0.2 as well as watchOS 8.0.1 with bug fixes and security updates.

Apple released macOS Big Sur 11.8.1 with security fixes for devices not compatible with macOS Monterey. There‘s also a security update for macOS Catalina.

For devices that haven‘t been and/or won‘t be updated to iOS/iPadOS 15x, there‘s an important security update: iOS /iPadOS 14.8.1.

Apple has stopped signing iOS and iPadOS 15.0.2, closing the downgrade window.

Last edited: