What's new

Latest OS versions - discussions

bear7962

Reaction score
Thanks!

Are you still teaching children in Austria?

Why does my phone not automatically update?
I checked to ensure that permission was given under Notifications.
My phone is at 71 percent and it is sitting on a charger, but I still had to download it manually.
Updating the software manually is not a function of super hero's, but if the option is available for automatic downloads so we don't miss any, why doesn't it work?
It would also be a good idea if Apple sent us a text notice when the update was released, so we don't miss it.
I had a thought. My notifications don’t show a download avaiable until, as J.A. describes. But that isn’t where I look Settings>General>Software Update . That is where you can turn automatic updates on so your iphone will download while charging on WIFI. Or you may have automatic Updates toggled off and you can manually trigger the download from there.

Ledsteplin

Reaction score
I guess I have been too anxious to download the updates, for Apple t do it for me.
Next time I see an update announced, I'll wait a month and see if it happens automatically.

Thanks

Why? If you want to update, go for it. No need to wait on an automatic update. All you need do is initiate the update. Then you can go do other things while it updates.