What's new

Keypad "speaker" icon is missing

Kensterfly

Reaction score
I just noticed today that my keypad is not displaying the "Speaker" button.
I did a search on this and got no hits. I have rebooted the phone.
What could have caused this and how do I get it back?

Last edited:
Assuming you're refering to the "Keypad" page within the Phone icon's menus: I see no Speaker button on mine either. It was never there. However, when you receive a call, you have the option of changing pages to get to the "Speaker." This is assuming I understand just what you're writing about.

Assuming you're refering to the "Keypad" page within the Phone icon's menus: I see no Speaker button on mine either. It was never there. However, when you receive a call, you have the option of changing pages to get to the "Speaker." This is assuming I understand just what you're writing about.

Okay... I made a phone call a little while ago. The call was robo-answered.
"You're call is very important to us...blah, blah, blah." I wanted to put it on speaker and set the phone down until a real human answered the phone, but the "speaker" button was not there.

It should not be there only when you receive a call. "What is this option to change pages to get to speaker" you're talking about?

Thanks!

Okay... I made a phone call a little while ago. The call was robo-answered.
"You're call is very important to us...blah, blah, blah." I wanted to put it on speaker and set the phone down until a real human answered the phone, but the "speaker" button was not there.

It should not be there only when you receive a call. "What is this option to change pages to get to speaker" you're talking about?

Thanks!

click hide keypad and it flips the numbers around to the page of symbols like speaker, facetime, mute etc

click hide keypad and it flips the numbers around to the page of symbols like speaker, facetime, mute etc
My problem is similar to Kensterfly's except that on my keypad screen the word "hide" has disappeared: there's no way to get to that screen whence u can select speaker. Advice?

I have an iPhone 13 and my speaker icon on the phone number pad is gone as well as the hide button. The background was also black not white. Could this be because of the most recent update? Or how do I get it back?

Welcome to iPhone Forums, @Tcalie!

In case you haven’t tried this yet:
Force close the Phone app, and if this doesn’t help, restart your device.
Also, take a look at Settings (app) - Display & Brightness - Appearance, and select “Light”, if it’s set to Dark.
Hope that helps.

Welcome to iPhone Forums, @Tcalie!

In case you haven’t tried this yet:
Force close the Phone app, and if this doesn’t help, restart your device.
Also, take a look at Settings (app) - Display & Brightness - Appearance, and select “Light”, if it’s set to Dark.
Hope that helps.
I
Figured it out. Once I dial out the other screen with the speaker phone icon and hide option appears. If I get a call a banner with the speaker phone option appears to be select. I also found that if I hit the phone icon (green)) button twice, on the number pad, it will take me to the other screen but dials out on your last call at the same time. End the call right away and you’ll have the screen with the speaker icon. Weird I know but at this point, whatever works.

I
Figured it out. Once I dial out the other screen with the speaker phone icon and hide option appears. If I get a call a banner with the speaker phone option appears to be select. I also found that if I hit the phone icon (green)) button twice, on the number pad, it will take me to the other screen but dials out on your last call at the same time. End the call right away and you’ll have the screen with the speaker icon. Weird I know but at this point, whatever works.
Or you could just tell Siri to make the call. Once you are on a call, the hide/reveal screen shows.