What's new

Keyboard error????? help.

Corey

Reaction score
i downloaded a Cydia package called "Elite Pro HD Font" by IHR source. i was just messing around in cydia pretty much just checking out different packages. well i noticed that it didn't change anything except a slight change in the way the letters present themselves on my keyboard. so i decided to delete it. WELL, now that it's deleted my keyboard has ? marks on all of the tabs. instead of saying like Q,W,E,R,T,Y,etc. it's just "?" on every letter tab.

i can't figure out how the heck to get rid of this. i tried re-downloading the package and that didn't make it disappear. for a brief time the keyboard in safari went back to normal but it was still messed up in my messages/texting. i haven't done anything else and i can't see any other package posing a problem considering the problem emerged once i uninstalled that package.

i'm not a jailbreaking genius, i know the ropes and how to make things work but that's about the extent of it. a little help, please? if you need a screenshot to see what i'm dealing with i can provide it, but like i said, it's just "?" on all of the letter/number tabs.

Do a fresh restore and rejailbreak, it's not a good idea to just install random packages from Cydia because a large amount of them are not compatible with iOS5. Make sure in the future you know that the package you are installing is compatible with your firmware.