What's new

Just Received a New iOS Update

HunnieBunnie

Reaction score
I was surprised to receive another iOS update this morning. Anyone else receive the notice? I did not look at it. I just okayed the download and install. Took longer than I thought. I wonder what it is supposed to fix. Anyone know?

Thanks, J.A. It was in the back of my mind that is probably what it was---a security update. It shall be interesting to see if these continue throughout 2020.

Not as regularly as iOS 13. Only if there are serious security threats, which thankfully doesn’t happen very often.

Well, I had notice of another update this afternoon, so I set the download into motion. It was not completed by the time I had to leave to run some errands, so I left it plugged into my Mac and went on to do my errands. Returned home less than two hours later, and the screen said there was some sort of hiccup or other. Now, all I see is a screen with what looks like a zipper of sorts with an arrow above it pointing upwards at the iTunes icon. At the top of the screen, it says support.apple/iphone/restore

Is there some way to sort this out without setting it to factory reset and losing all of my photos, etc. I recall this happened to me once before a long time ago, but I do not recall how I fixed it. Help! I cannot get past this screen. :(

Thanks. :)

ETA: Well, I plugged it back into my laptop. It said extracting software. Then, after what seemed like an hour or more, it finally seemed to be okay. Insofar as I can tell by a cursory inspection, my photos are all still there, so I guess it worked itself out. Phew! What a relief! :rolleyes:

Last edited: