What's new

Just jailbroke my iphone, now what????

psn1069

Reaction score
I am new to this site. I found this site while researching jailbreaking. I have an iphone4 5.1.1 with at&t as my carrier. I have read all the great stuff you can do with a jailbreak, but im still really confused. So if you want an app from apples app store can you still use the apple's app store. What about safari do you still use it? How do you know which apps to trust in cydia? How do you customize your phone? everywhere i go tell you WHAT you can do but not HOW to do it.... I can not find a single site that tells HOW to do any of this stuff. Or that gives you just a cut and dry answer. Not everyone who jailbreaks their phone are computer savy and understand all this stuff. So now my phone is jailbroke and i have no clue what to do with it at all. And all of the post i've read on this site all the people have done replys dont give enough info or details either. SO NOW WHAT???

Yes you can still use the AppStore and safari. Always download stuff from cydia from the repos that are already installed and check in the description if they are compatible with the iOS version you are currently running

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

what are repo's.and if you can still use the app store then why did you say ALWAYS download from cydia?

psn1069 said:
what are repo's.and if you can still use the app store then why did you say ALWAYS download from cydia?

Cydia is for tweaks, app store is for apps. Your gonna want to read the "thinking of jailbreaking but not sure" thread in the jailbreak section. Read through all the stickies in that forum and youll understand it.