What's new

Just bricked my phone.

XDRoX

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 5 on ios6 I believe. May be ios7, not sure.
I just downloaded an app and now my phone won't turn on. The Apple symbol appears but nothing else happens.

So I assume when I get home from work I'm going to have to do a restore and update to ios8.

Is there a jailbreak for ios8 that I can use after I restore my phone?
What is the best one to use for my iPhone 5, non S version?
A link to the site would be of great help, I always have a hard time finding the legit sites to download from.
Thanks

OP
X

XDRoX

Reaction score
Thanks. I currently don't have a PC, just a Mac. Does that mean I have to use the Pangu one? Is one better than the other. I could try to get a PC if it matters? Thanks

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. I currently don't have a PC, just a Mac. Does that mean I have to use the Pangu one? Is one better than the other. I could try to get a PC if it matters? Thanks
The PanGu 8 jailbreak doesn't work with iOS 8.1.2, the current version of iOS. Taig is the only available jailbreak. Unless you have Windows running on your Mac you'll have to use a PC to Jailbreak your iPhone 5 as there is not currently a Taig Jailbreak that works on Mac OSX.

OP
X

XDRoX

Reaction score
Damn, thanks for letting me know that. I'll try to take home my work PC and use it.

OP
X

XDRoX

Reaction score
Taig is saying I need iTunes on the PC, :(

OP
X

XDRoX

Reaction score
I have my laptop from work but I can't install iTunes on it without an admin password. :(
I'm updating my phone to ios8 right now. I was able to get the photos off of it but that's it. It doesn't even appear like a hard restore is working right now. I'll have to get a ahold of a PC tonight and try to JB it. I'm yogin to a party. Surely someone there will have a PC I can use.

OP
X

XDRoX

Reaction score
I finally I'm JB again.
Just to let everyone know if you have 8.1.2 don't use the link from this forum. I re-downloaded it three different times and I got a -1004 error every time. I went to TaiG's site and it worked on the first try. Maybe the link on this forum is for 8.1.1, I don't know for sure.

Most reactions

Latest posts