What's new

Jailbroken iPhone 3GS BB 6.15.00 question

Grapes

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new here so I really hope you guys can help me out. I'm not good with these kind of stuff so I came here to ask some questions.

I have an iPhone 3GS that's jailbroken to BB 6.15.000 with iOS 5, and I wanted to restore it back to factory settings. I learned that you can't restore the iPhone to factory settings with a BB 6.15.00, but also learned that I can downgrade it to a lower BB according to this tutorial of EverythingApplePro (
), but his tutorial didn't tell me if I can put it back to factory settings. It only told me that his tutorial can only teach me how to downgrade my BB but still leave it jailbroken. So I was wondering if I can restore it to factory settings once I followed his tutorial, or do I need to do something else in order to get it back to factory settings. If I'm looking at a wrong tutorial, I hope you guys can lead me to a better one.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
To put it back to factory settings you'd need to do a restore. You have to save your SHSH blobs, upgrade to iOS 6, then downgrade back to 5.1.1 using stitched blobs to restore it back to factory, then follow the unlock.

What I'm getting at is that you want to unlock your iPhone on a fresh copy of iOS correct?