What's new

3GS old-bootroom... ipad bb... 4.1... help.

enriquemellado

Reaction score
hi, i just got an iphone 3gs that has 4.1, ipad bb, old boorom, it's jailbroken and unlocked, gps, wifi and everyhitng working fine... i want to wipe the info on it since it has the info from th eperson who sold it to me, i tried logging out of the itunes store but it seems to be still showing info for the old one...
can i update to 5.x?
it already has the iPad bb...

hi, i just got an iphone 3gs that has 4.1, ipad bb, old boorom, it's jailbroken and unlocked, gps, wifi and everyhitng working fine... i want to wipe the info on it since it has the info from th eperson who sold it to me, i tried logging out of the itunes store but it seems to be still showing info for the old one... can i update to 5.x? it already has the iPad bb... thanks :) hope someone can help :)
No issues updating to iOS 5.1... as long as you update w/ a Custom Firmware and choose the option to preserve the current Baseband.

so redsn0w.. will help.. if i use the stock 5.1 and use the option to preserve baseband though it's already iPad baseband???
thanks for the reply :)

so redsn0w.. will help.. if i use the stock 5.1 and use the option to preserve baseband though it's already iPad baseband??? thanks for the reply :)
I'd use sn0wbreeze... it gives you the option to create a custom firmware w/o the BB upgrade.

ok. never used that.. could you point me to the right version? do i need the stock fw for 5.1? thanks a lot for all your help :)