What's new

No service after iPhone 3GS IOS 6.0.1 tethered jailbreak

michael_cullum

Reaction score
Hello all,

I read the sticky, and have tried searching for answers to my problem, but none seemed to fit, so forgive me for posting a thread which is similar to some that already exist.

Here goes...

I got my faithful old 3GS stolen at a concert, bastards! Thankfully, my brother was good enough to allow me to borrow his old 3GS until my replacement arrives. So, in order to wipe it clean of his stuff and restore it from a backup of my stolen phone i connect to itunes and perform a restore, big mistake, phone will not activate, at this point brother helpfully tells me that the phone was previously jailbroken... Doh!
So I resort to re-jailbreaking it, using redsn0w. This has been partially successful in that i can now get into the phone and use various functions, however I am still unable to get any service.
I have tried many different combinations of jailbreak configurations, I have upgraded to ipad BB, and downgraded back from ipad BB, attempted to use ultasn0w, all with no success.

If anyone could shed any light on my situation it would be much appreciated, I make no secret of the fact that I am a novice at this jailbreaking business and for the most part I am stumbling around in the dark following youtube videos and blogs from various google searches...

If any more information is required on the phone versions or the processes I have and haven't tried, let me know and I shall do my best to explain/provide answers.

Thanks in advance

Michael

You're going to have to set the APN settings of the carrier. Does it recognize a carrier at all in settings?

Hello again, feel kinda guilty about making the thread now as i've solved my own problem. It took three days mind!

willerz, no, there was no carrier section in the settings menu.

The solution turned out to be to use redsn0w to downgrade back to the standard baseband, then use itunes to restore the phone. Resulting in a stock iphone on the standard baseband that recognises a sim again.