What's new

Jailbroken iphone 3gs 5.1.1 First time ! - what i have added ! What would u add ?

DjGeeMix

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls,
I have jailbroken my iphone 3gs for the first time and found it really easy! Had a few teething problems and had to do a restore but know where i went wrong!
I used redsnow untethered and these are the tweaks and apps i have installed so far !
Maximization
barrel
winterboard
iFile
Safari Download Manager
SBsettings
Camera Wallpaper
remove background
icon bounce
type in lower
5 dock

I have also downloaded ring tones and message tones as well as a few other themes for my own pleasure. If you do the same as me then you are pretty much good to go and i found that none of the above made the phone unstable or crash. The second time around!
The first time i had problems with - boot logo (it slowed reboots down so so much).
I tried to get a siri port working, I got it to load up and everything but could not get it to connect to any servers. And believe me i tried a lot!. Also for some reason it kept crashing the settings menu and i had to keep rebooting to get into the settings. So in the end i removed it completely.
Also i was managing some files in cydia and i removed what i thought was some mods that i did not need or want that seemed and somehow manged to remove cydia ! BIG MISTAKE!!!!!! So then spent 6 hours firstly looking for a re-install or tweet! And as i did not install some of the software about was unable to get it down again so in the end did a restore and then redid the jailbreak and put back what i wanted on the phone.

So thats my experience of jail break !! I dont regret doing it - it is amazing to do and i cant believe that apple dont alow half this software on the apps store!
Any comments or suggestions on anything else you think would be good - cheers DjGeeMix

Try "dashboard x" it adds widgets to your springboard I like it IMO also "callbar" is another good one.