What's new

Jailbreaking pro's & cons?

marco

Reaction score
Hi
I am living in Ireland I'm on my 4th iPhone now. Ip4 and have never jail broken any of my phones or my itouch . I would be grateful for any coments before I jailbreak. What is the best site??
Thanks in advance.

There is just the one site Jailbreakme.com. In my opinion it's not worth the negative performance and random re-springs it has to do when an app crashes. But it is reversible so you can always test it out and then go back if you don't like it.

Well if you jailbreak your phone you will definitely be using it a lot more. You decide if thats a pro or a con !

The downside is you may experience problems like crashing, freezing, and restarts due to some cydia apps not being compatible with the ip4. So try to do some research on what you may want to install from cydia

Some of the things i like from Cydia:

BiteSMS (adds lots of features to SMS messaging like templates and quick reply and delay sending)
Winterboard (change look and sound of the phone with themes)
ScreenDimmer (dont have to keep locking the phone to turn off the screen. Such a battery saver)
Installous (ya ill admit i use it :))
Safari Download manager (give safari the ability to download)

In my opinion it's not worth the negative performance

Any evidence of this?

I hear people who decide they won't jailbreak their iPhone using this line all the time but I wonder if their is actually any truth in it at all? Or it is just something people who haven't jailbroke say to others to make themselves feel better?

Not having a go, just asking.

My opinion is obviously on the other side of things. A non jailbroken iPhone is dull as hell. A jailbroken iPhone is how the phone should be from release.

I had concerns when I first had the idea to jailbreak my iphone 4, I did twice and restored it back to normal because I was worried I make break it. But in the end I just went for and let me tell you I havent looked back, do your iphone 4 a favour and unlock it to its full potential, I havent noticed any 'negative performance'. Do your research on what apps will work but it will usually tell you anyway before you install anything.

In my opinion unlocking is a must but each to their own

Here are my reasons... and to me personally they are deal-breakers.

1. Skype can't multitask.
2. Issues with picture SMS
3. Unapproved apps eat memory.. Thus needing a respring to keep other apps running correctly
4.The more tweaks and unapproved apps that are installed the worse the battery life gets...yes you can install less but then what's the point?
5.Untold hours trying to restore when it does crash and won't restart.

As many people just here that are having trouble just getting there phone restored to stock... Is a pretty big testament to the fact that there are many reasons NOT to jailbreak....

1 - I dont use skype
2 - no issues with picture sms as of yet, send quite a few though
3 - I use SBSettings to end any processes, infact I have more memory becuase I have more control over what to end and what not to end
4 -Battery is the same to me, might be a little worse but cant say I've noticed it and Ive got loads of apps
5 - Never had a problem as of yet but hey thats the risk I take, you need to know what your doing but if it does mess up, I will restore it, and if I cant restore then I say I lost it and claim on insurance which is included with my contract

Im happy with my jailbroken Iphone, pay for all apps, dont use installous or sinful iphone. I like having fuctions on my phone that any other phone has straight out the box.

Its your choice at the end of the day, make your own mind up. everyone will have a different opinion

also there are people on here who are having problems who havent even jailbroken, its hit and miss

Well folks
Thanks for your points and views. I went and jailbroke my ip4 on jailbreakme.com and it worked on the 2nd try. So far I am happy with the results.

1 question I have is how do I buy apps as I'm in ireland and the apps are in $$$ ???.

Well folks
Thanks for your points and views. I went and jailbroke my ip4 on jailbreakme.com and it worked on the 2nd try. So far I am happy with the results.

1 question I have is how do I buy apps as I'm in ireland and the apps are in $$$ ???.

The currency gets converted when you buy the apps so it doesn't matter where your from.

I'm in the UK and just use paypal.