What's new

Jailbreaking ios7

The iPhone 4 can be tethered jailbroken using OpenSn0w by @winocm. It's been added to the thread provided by Scifan. Depending upon request, I may push out a pictorial guide on using OpenSn0w, but note that at least 99% of packages will not work, so having a jailbroken iPhone 4 means strictly having root access.

Last edited:
iOS 7 is tethered using OpenSn0w. It's not as widely pushed out for the fact that even if jailbroken, the 4 will have next to no support for tweaks and packages through Cydia though Cydia 1.1.8+ runs fine on iOS 7. No tweak support means that you're strictly running off of a barebone jailbreak and is only useful for developers and not the average user.

RageBreak is another iPhone 4 tethered jailbreaking tool for ios7 that I've recently read about. Don't know how it compares to OpenSn0w.

RageBreak was built off of OpenSn0w. OpenSn0w was a barebone open-sourced jailbreak that did not come with a utility outside of a simple command terminal window and a few keys to press. RageBreak brought in the conventional UI of a jailbreak utility and over to Windows. The one reason @winocm did not release OpenSn0w in a conventional UI form is because of the fact that 9 out of 10 users do not have a clue what they're doing. Considering that point, there's no need to dumb down the utility because it was aimed towards developers only in this phase where iOS 7 broke 99% of tweaks.

If there's next to no support in tweaks, there's no need to jailbreak the device. Pirates can't jailbreak iOS 7 for cracked apps since the piracy tweak needed does not support iOS 7, so there goes the vast majority of supposed jailbreakers. The remaining portion are either users or hackers that won't have any use for the jailbreak unless they begin to develop and have a basic if not advanced understanding of how things work.

RageBreak was built off of OpenSn0w. OpenSn0w was a barebone open-sourced jailbreak that did not come with a utility outside of a simple command terminal window and a few keys to press. RageBreak brought in the conventional UI of a jailbreak utility and over to Windows. The one reason @winocm did not release OpenSn0w in a conventional UI form is because of the fact that 9 out of 10 users do not have a clue what they're doing. Considering that point, there's no need to dumb down the utility because it was aimed towards developers only in this phase where iOS 7 broke 99% of tweaks.

If there's next to no support in tweaks, there's no need to jailbreak the device. Pirates can't jailbreak iOS 7 for cracked apps since the piracy tweak needed does not support iOS 7, so there goes the vast majority of supposed jailbreakers. The remaining portion are either users or hackers that won't have any use for the jailbreak unless they begin to develop and have a basic if not advanced understanding of how things work.
That's too limited a view Willerz. Many of us "non pirates" know how to "manually" theme our phones without the use of an updated Winterboard. I already have that terrible iOS 7 icon look GONE from my iPhone 4. :) But I agree - not many can do what I can. The 99% "no working tweaks" phase is indeed a "buzz kill".

Last edited:
You can manually theme it, but if there's a conflict upon rebooting/respringing, you don't have Substrate Safe Mode to lean back on, meaning it's a constant refresh of your device every time you end up in a boot loop or if your Springboard crashes

You can manually theme it, but if there's a conflict upon rebooting/respringing, you don't have Substrate Safe Mode to lean back on, meaning it's a constant refresh of your device every time you end up in a boot loop or if your Springboard crashes
Yes.. There's always that potential.. But not as much for those of us who know what we're doing. ;)