What's new

Jailbreak/Unlock?

supacor

Reaction score
is a jailbreak the same as a factory unlock? i recently picked up a iphone 5 that is tethered to the ATT network. i need it to accept a straighttalk sim card and i have done a jailbreak on it but when i insert the straight talk sim it tells me i need to request from the carrier that this phone be unlocked..... has anyone else had this issue?

Jailbreak and unlock are different. You will have to get online with att and submit an unlock request. if it is eligible for an unlock they will grant it. You must also meet eligibility requirements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, the phone must be out of contract and no issues with the original owners account. Meaning their account was paid on time. It's probably easier to get the original owner to submit the request if you are still in contact with him/her. Usually takes 3-7 days for approval. For you to do it you must be a former or current att customer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

factory unlock is the safest way to unlock your iphone. jailbreak doesn' work on iphone 5. so you could find reliable site for factory unlocking ask everything you wonder before you make order and then send your IMEI number there :) good luck

does anyonw have any experience with these unlock factory unock sites? i found a few but i dont want to get scammed

the first two sites are 19.99, the third is 134.99. all based out of cyprus... does anyone else have any experience with these sites