What's new

iPhone 5 on eBay which is locked to Ireland three network

rajurastogi

Reaction score
Hi,
I am buying an iPhone 5 on eBay which is locked to Ireland three network.
I don't have Ireland three sim card and live in London.

I am a newbie to jailbreaking.

Question is, will I be able to jailbreak or unlock this phone without having Ireland three sim card? Shall I go ahead with transaction?

Thanks.

PS: are there chances of fraud in this deal? Thanks.
Can it happen that phone stays useless forever? Seller says that it's brand new, replacement phone.
Also please guide me how shall I jailbreak/unlock it? Thanks.

Last edited:
I honestly dont think its worth it at all, unlocking is so much hassle and you have to keep on the same firmware for a very long time until there is new unlock methods, I would just pay the extra and get it unlocked or at least locked to a network you use

Assuming you can find a decently priced IMEI unlocking service, you can buy the device and unlock it. But the thing about online transactions is that it's never worth the trouble to buy it online because of the off chance that the device is reported stolen and the seller is just taking advantage of the warranty and/or replacements.

See if your local carrier has any leftover unsold 5's and see if they're cheaper than going for a 5C or 5S. If not, it's better to meetup a person at your local carrier retail store and personally verify with the carrier whether or not the device is blacklisted, particularly if the seller is not willing to provide you the IMEI to check

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

If you think a three Ireland SIM card will sort that out I can send you one but iPhone from three ie are very hard to unlock so you will be on roaming all the time,unless you move in Ireland the iPhone was probably purchased with a three bill pay and he stop paying it !
I'm with three Ireland how much he's asking for it ?

If you think a three Ireland SIM card will sort that out I can send you one but iPhone from three ie are very hard to unlock so you will be on roaming all the time,unless you move in Ireland the iPhone was probably purchased with a three bill pay and he stop paying it !
I'm with three Ireland how much he's asking for it ?

Hi, thanks.
It's 320 GBP (including postage) for phone only (it doesn't come with any accessories as it's replacement phone - that's what he said). He'll provide one charging wire though.
Are they difficult to jailbreak also? Thanks.

Assuming you can find a decently priced IMEI unlocking service, you can buy the device and unlock it. But the thing about online transactions is that it's never worth the trouble to buy it online because of the off chance that the device is reported stolen and the seller is just taking advantage of the warranty and/or replacements.

See if your local carrier has any leftover unsold 5's and see if they're cheaper than going for a 5C or 5S. If not, it's better to meetup a person at your local carrier retail store and personally verify with the carrier whether or not the device is blacklisted, particularly if the seller is not willing to provide you the IMEI to check

Seller said he can't provide IMEI number due to security reasons.

I checked few sites, official unlock is not possible or very expensive for ireland three.
I am only buying it in hope that I can jailbreak it and use it.
I don't fancy ios 7 as such and will be okay to use 6 as well - provided jailbreak gives iphone experience, doesn't crash etc.

To me that sounds like a sketchy deal. If it was me I'd steer away from it. Try to find someone local to meet with. Or try swappa, good place to buy phones.

Seller said he can't provide IMEI number due to security reasons.
I would stay away from this one, especially as the seller won't tell you the IMEI number. There's no way for you to tell if the phone has been blacklisted. If it has, you'll find that the seller will not communicate with you, nor will he voluntarily give you a refund.
There is the item not as described dispute procedure if the phone is not as advertised, but do you really want to go to all that trouble?