What's new

Jailbreak iPhone 6+ with IOS 8.xx

MksTn

Reaction score
Has anyone done this yet? If so was it easy or difficult? Any issues or problems. I really want to install FoxFi so I can use my phone as a hotspot and not pay extra to Verizon but the phone has to be jailbroken to do it. This is one big reason why I did not want to switch from Android to Apple. Apple is so damn controlling and getting worse.

Has anyone done this yet? If so was it easy or difficult? Any issues or problems. I really want to install FoxFi so I can use my phone as a hotspot and not pay extra to Verizon but the phone has to be jailbroken to do it. This is one big reason why I did not want to switch from Android to Apple. Apple is so damn controlling and getting worse.
I think you're blaming the wrong company here. It's Verizon controlling how you're allowed to use the hotspot feature on your iPhone, not Apple.

BTW, although it's not very likely, if you jailbreak and start using the hotspot feature without paying for it and Verizon finds out, they could cancel your service.

I am not so sure about that. I know Verizon does not want you to do this but Apple will not allow the FoxFi app. If you jailbreak you can install the app and use it. So that said it is Apple that is blocking not Verizon. The way I see it if I am paying for say 6 gigs of data I should be able to use it however I want to... either on my phone or as a hotspot. I should not have to pay EXTRA to have a hot spot that uses the data they already charge me for! It is criminal !

Jailbroke both my iPhone 6 and iPad 4 both running iOS 8.4 with no issues. Read and follow jailbreak instructions and you be fine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As far as Apple is concerned, you can hotspot all day, every day, it's Verizon that wants you to pay extra to use the hotspot feature. What Apple is against is jailbreaking, not hotspotting. The main reason that Apple would never allow an app like FoxFi in the App Store is because it allows you to circumvent the terms and conditions of your cellular service contract.

With that being said, I agree that a cellular service provider should not concern itself with how you use your monthly data allotment as long as you don't exceed the limit.

Apple is blocking use of the FoxFi app through its position against jailbreaking, not your use of the hotspot feature.

As far as Apple is concerned, you can hotspot all day, every day, it's Verizon that wants you to pay extra to use the hotspot feature. What Apple is against is jailbreaking, not hotspotting. The main reason that Apple would never allow an app like FoxFi in the App Store is because it allows you to circumvent the terms and conditions of your cellular service contract.

With that being said, I agree that a cellular service provider should not concern itself with how you use your monthly data allotment as long as you don't exceed the limit.

Apple is blocking use of the FoxFi app through its position against jailbreaking, not your use of the hotspot feature.

I do agree with you but don't like it. Every other phone out there allows FoxFi even Blackberry lol. Apple should not be concerned. It is a control issue with them no matter what their corporate statement is.

I Jailbroke my iPhone 6 on iOS 8.4 and I don't have any issues at all. I use MyWi as my hotspot.

I Jailbroke my iPhone 6 on iOS 8.4 and I don't have any issues at all. I use MyWi as my hotspot.

Does MyWi require you have your phone jailborken? I would rather not jailbreak if I don't have to. Where I live internet goes out all the time so being able to get online using my cell phone as a hotspot is very useful.

Thanks

Yes you do have to be Jailbroken to run MyWi.

Thanks... I am nervous to do that since it is still under warranty and would void the warranty.

ps: love your screen name iGadgetLady

You can always remove the jailbreak before taking the iPhone in for warranty service.