What's new

JailBreak for VZ iPhone 4 using a Mac?

Lonzom10

Reaction score
I'm new to iPhone and have been searching and reading as much as I can on JB'ing my new iPhone. Unfortunately, I have had a hard time finding a step by step guide for completing this task with my Mac. I ran across a link on another site that looked like it might work. I've provided that link below. Could some of the more experienced JB'ers take a look and see if this is legit?

Thejailbreakblog ©: Untethered Jailbreak Verizon iPhone 4 4.2.8 iOS on Mac with PwnageTool 4.2 Bundles

In Step 5 of the above link it states, "
load PwnageTool and create your custom firmware for iOS 4.2.8". Being new to JB, is this something the tool does for you or is there another step not listed in the process that I need to know how to do?

Just create the firmware, and then follow the steps 6 and 7...
They said to create a custom firmware because the one that will be created by pwnage tool will be the one which will be load to the iPhone, instead of the default one which was downloaded by iTunes and loaded into your phone. So just go ahead and create your custom firmware. After it's created you will find it somewhere on your desktop, option+restore and then browser to the location of the custom firmware and the go. It's easy.

Not to sound to dumb here but how exactly do I do that? Are all 7 of the outlined steps really needed?

Not to sound to dumb here but how exactly do I do that? Are all 7 of the outlined steps really needed?

If you don't follow step 7 then you doing nothing other than waisting your time.

So I just did it... took all of 15-20 minutes! I ended using RedSn0w for Mac. So far... so good! Thanks for being patient with me!

Does anyone have another link for Mac users? The one earlier posted is deleted. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

I am also wanting to jailbreak my iPhone 4 with Verizon on my Mac....any links? What program is best and easiest to use? Thanks for any help and it's good to be here! Tons of great info.

I am also wanting to jailbreak my iPhone 4 with Verizon on my Mac....any links? What program is best and easiest to use? Thanks for any help and it's good to be here! Tons of great info.

Use the latest redsnow to jailbreak your phone.