What's new

Jailbreak fail

jason880615

Reaction score
Dear, i just did a jailbreak on my iphone 4 ios6.0.1 using 1.5.3 evasi0n, it was successful, followed the step tap the jailbreak icon, then tap cydia icon, let cydia run all the process, select user from the 3 options, afterwards i leave it on home screen without doing anything to the cydia or install tweaks.

Here the problem comes, cydia icon missing, then i searched from spotlight also cant find, i did hard reboot and keep pressing volume up after come to the home screen i found the jailbreak icon again with the evasi0n looks. Tap it, nothing respond, just flash white then back to home screen, what can i do now? Do a backup and Erase all content and setting? Will it get back to normal or it will like the rumors said got stuck on the boot screen? Please advise.

I don't jailbreak, but one thing I've read time and again is DO NOT use Erase All Content and Settings on a jailbroken device. Have patience, and let's hope someone comes along who knows what to do, rather than what not to do.

Anyone has an idea whether to restore by itunes or anyhow?

Please help seriously, my iphone 4 is having problem now, cant open the calendar,it just flashes over. Is it save to factory restore by itunes while i dont care about jailbreak anymore?

Might've been an interruption during the jailbreaking process. You can restore it if you'd like. If you have blobs, you can restore back to an untethered iOS 6 jailbreakable iOS. Otherwise, you can tethered jailbreak 6.1.3. Just make sure you're using recovery or DFU mode when restoring jailbroken devices, preferably DFU