What's new

iTunes Store trick to clear cache not working

sheeraz

Reaction score
iTunes Store trick to clear cache to free up storage not working , please help

I’ve never heard of an iTunes trick like the one mentioned in this thread.

Quite agree, but I wondered if the op is confused with the standard iPhone reset?

In iTunes Store try to rent a movie which is large in size than the space left in your iPhone then you will receive a message that you do not have enough space. After this message you go to check storage space you will be surprised. I am using iPhone 6s Plus.

In iTunes Store try to rent a movie which is large in size than the space left in your iPhone then you will receive a message that you do not have enough space. After this message you go to check storage space you will be surprised. I am using iPhone 6s Plus.
It’s possible that this trick stopped working last year.

How much storage space do you have left, and how large is the movie you’re trying to rent?

Last edited:
As I remember this trick used to work 3 or 4 months before. I have 2 GB left out of 16GB. Movie is 10gb large.

As I remember this trick used to work 3 or 4 months before. I have 2 GB left out of 16GB. Movie is 10gb large.
With a movie that large on a 16GB iPhone you'll have to delete everything on the iPhone to free up enough space for the movie. That means no music, apps, photos can be on the iPhone. Back up your iPhone to iTunes on your computer then erase it and set it up as a new phone. That should give you enough room for the movie.

With a movie that large on a 16GB iPhone you'll have to delete everything on the iPhone to free up enough space for the movie. That means no music, apps, photos can be on the iPhone. Back up your iPhone to iTunes on your computer then erase it and set it up as a new phone. That should give you enough room for the movie.
The trick is/was not to get enough room for the movie, but to free up a bit of storage space on the iPhone:
Simple hack that lets you free up hundreds of megabytes of storage space on your iPhone - without deleting ANYTHING

You are right J.A that is what I was talking about. Now the trick is not working, do you know any other trick to free up storage space

Just the usual ones, nothing that special:
Delete old messages, stop PhotoStream, don’t keep the normal photo, delete downloaded music and podcasts, remove the reading list, offload unused apps, ...

Also if you don't have any housekeeping items on your iPhone because you cleared them there isn't anything to remove anymore to clear up space.