What's new

iTunes is horrible!

I have major issues with iTunes. I think some of my problem comes from the fact that there are 4 idevices using the same computer to sync. For instance, every time I plug my phone in, iTunes wipes out all of my music and videos. I recently wanted to add some new music for a vacation. I didn't know until I got on the plane that it wiped out all the music and movies I planned on using while in flight. This made for an extremely boring 5 hour plane ride.

Bottom line is, to me iTunes is clunky, quirky, and overall horrible.

I admit to not understanding it. I just think its not user friendly. And I'm not the only one that feels that way. From where I stand there is need for major improvement.

I don't get how you guys have so much trouble with it. I dig it. At first I thought it was a bit complicated, but ever since I got the iPhone, it's been easy as pie for me. Click and drag music on iTunes to sync, and that's it. How hard is that?

The only problem I have with iTunes is every time I update it; it doubles all my songs takes a lifetime to delete all the copies and it really pisses me off

I have never had a problem using iTunes and dont find it that confusing at all. We have 5 devices that all use iTunes on the same computer and although I sometimes end up with Apps that my son has downloaded for his iPod, that's the only thing that is an issue. I have been using iTunes for many years though so I think that it is just a matter of getting used to it and figuring out exactly what it can do and how.

I remember some years back when I got my first iPod (iPod nano), I didn't use iTunes at all. I found that realplayer could transfer music and everything to my iPod. I hated iTunes with a passion back then and hated that you could only sync with one computer. Maybe you guys could try realplayer? I have no idea if it still works but it's worth a shot if all your worried about is transferring music.

At first I hated iTunes, but I just needed to change some habits such as only adding the files I would sync to my iPhone; the thing I hated the most was having 2 copies of songs when getting an WMA archive converted to AAC encoder (M4A files).

Then, I decided to just import my whole music collection to iTunes, following these steps:
1- Changed iTunes importing options to MP3 (@ 192 kbps)
2- Added all WMA albums, so I got an MP3 version of all of them
3- Deleted all the WMA albums from my collection
4- Moved the albums from the iTunes' Music folder to the corresponding folders in My Music (where the WMA albums used to be)
5- Searched for the newly converted albums in iTunes and deleted them, as they are not a copy of the music but a reference to the actual MP3 versions
6- Re-added the albums, now being MP3

If you don't care about having the albums inside each singer/group folder, you can just avoid steps 4 through 6.

It may seem a lot of work (I have 77GB of music) but it is totally worth it, as now I can play my whole music from iTunes and sync whatever I want. iTunes also helps me to clean my collection by identifying duplicates and leting me select all the songs from an album and making changes such as changing the Genre and adding the album artwork (I'm using Album Art Exchange - High Quality Album Art / CD Cover Art: Home to look for 600x600 artworks).

I hope some of my ideas help...

Ugh! I hate iTunes as well. That is the only issue I hate about these iPhones. Would be nice to just plug and download instead of iTunes headache. Lol!