What's new

Itunes Error

Had a few hair pulling, frustrated moments myself trying to backup on iOS 5 with cable. I ended up yanking the lead in a temper and as soon as it was disconnected from the cable it synced all by itself wirelessly and did everything I'd been trying hours to do myself! Sometimes there's a simple solution!

i have repaired permission but still no joy. Swoodyx thanks for update but still prefer to use cable so obviously something still not right !

perrysrc said:
i have repaired permission but still no joy. Swoodyx thanks for update but still prefer to use cable so obviously something still not right !

Have you turned iCloud off?

Swoodyx suggestion was valid.

I finally had time to research this and you have to have the iCloud Backup setting turned off before you can use iTunes to do a backup, either wired or wireless.

So have you had the iCloud backup set to on every time you have tried to do a wired backup to iTunes?

Last edited:
Swoodyx suggestion was valid.

I finally had time to research this and you have to have the iCloud Backup setting turned off before you can use iTunes to do a backup, either wired or wireless.

Oh no you don't
I have iCloud backup set to on and it does so every night (very early AM )
Curious about what you stated I have just connected to iTunes by cable and have done a backup :confused:
Under (iTunes) Summary>Backup is set to Back up to iCloud
What I cant do is (on phone) Settings >General>Itunes Wi Fi Sync>Sync Now (plugged into wall charger)

Oh no you don't
I have iCloud backup set to on and it does so every night (very early AM )
Curious about what you stated I have just connected to iTunes by cable and have done a backup :confused:
Under (iTunes) Summary>Backup is set to Back up to iCloud
What I cant do is (on phone) Settings >General>Itunes Wi Fi Sync>Sync Now (plugged into wall charger)

Normally I would simply check something like this for myself but my iMac is currently at Apple getting its screen replaced. So that makes things rather interesting. Apples documentation says otherwise to half of your test result.

Ok, for now we have to go with the fact that a cabled backup works regardless of the iCloud setting. That still leaves us no closer to a solution then. And I am rather baffled on why it is failing now.