What's new

iTunes 11 will not sync music to iPhone 3GS OS 6 after upgrade from iTunes 10 to iTun

JGravesNBS

Reaction score
iTunes 11.0.0.163 will not sync music to iPhone 3GS OS 6.0.1 after upgrade from iTunes 10 to iTunes 11

Using Windows 7

Everything else (Contacts, Photos, Apps) seems to sync OK, it is just the music that won’t sync

I deleted all the music from the iPhone

Did a sync and the only music that synced from iTunes to the iPhone was the playlist I created and iTunes songs purchased after upgrading to iTunes 11

Any ideas?

PS: Before iTunes 11 everything has been working flawlessly for over a year

I have rebooted to iPhone & computer several times

Before sync blue content bar at the bottom reveals 18.81 GB/2771 songs of music in iTunes library

19.3 GB storage free on iPhone

John 11397335

iTunes 11.0.0.163 will not sync music to iPhone 3GS OS 6.0.1 after upgrade from iTunes 10 to iTunes 11

Using Windows 7

Everything else (Contacts, Photos, Apps) seems to sync OK, it is just the music that won’t sync

Did a sync and the only music that synced from iTunes to the iPhone was the playlist I created and iTunes songs purchased after upgrading to iTunes 11

Any ideas?

Before sync blue content bar at the bottom reveals 18.81 GB/2771 songs of music in iTunes library

John 11397335
Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | | iPhone Unlocking Guide for BeginnersiPhoneForums.net Mobile App

Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure

poisonivy……iPF STAFF.
iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

Using Windows 7

Any ideas?

John 11397335

What is your sync option in music? Selected files or entire library?

Try selecting the files, even if it was entire library and see if it syncs the, or maybe test a few songs. I don't know why you deleted the music off of your phone, I'm sure you have a good reason. I have mine set to sync only selected files.

I'm thinking that it might be like deleting an app. When you do that iTunes won't install it again unless you tell it to.

Thanks for the feedback

I tried both Sync Options several times

1. Entire music library

2. Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres
All Purchased, CD's Playlists checked
All Artists checked
All Genres checked
All Albums checked

I deleted all the music from iPhone thinking I could easily push iTunes library back to the iPhone during a Sync

Only music that synced from iTunes to the iPhone was the playlist I created and iTunes songs purchased after upgrading to iTunes 11 (about 77 songs)

Any other ideas?

Thanks for the feedback

I tried both Sync Options several times

1. Entire music library

2. Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres
All Purchased, CD's Playlists checked
All Artists checked
All Genres checked
All Albums checked

I deleted all the music from iPhone thinking I could easily push iTunes library back to the iPhone during a Sync

Only music that synced from iTunes to the iPhone was the playlist I created and iTunes songs purchased after upgrading to iTunes 11 (about 77 songs)

Any other ideas?

I don't use any of those sync options. Set iTunes to manually manage music and videos and drag and drop to the phone. Then apply (sync). Great if you like to really control what is on your phone.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk