What's new

iTunes 11 = No Lyrics Plugin

hookbill

Reaction score
Last version of iTunes had a pretty cool plug in that would either find lyrics for you or allow you to search for the lyrics. This happened via the visualizer.

However when iTunes 11 came out that plugin seemed to have disappeared. I've tried downloading it again but I guess it's not working with iTunes 11.

What's kind of surprised me is that nobody seems to be complaining about it or talking about it being gone. I don't see anything out there specifically for iTunes 11. Has anybody heard anything or is there a trick I'm missing to get it to work?

I guess I'm the only one who cares about this. Basically I did a google search and couldn't find anything from anyone about the lyrics plug in.

I suppose I can use sound hound or lyrics finer, but I liked it on my computer with iTunes.

I didn't even know this was an option in the past!! So with 11 you can't do it anymore?

~iPhoneMommy~

Sent from my Black, 16GB, iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

There was a way on my mac that was an app you could purchase from the App Store. When I went to windows I did a search and found a plug in. It was nice because if the lyrics weren't available it would allow you to Google the song and the paste the lyrics in.

And this was done by using the visulizer. Hopefully someone will develop one that works with iTunes 11. I just can't believe that more people aren't talking about it, not only here but all over the web.

hook,
I had a big frustration when my lyrics plugin didn't work on new iTunes 11 too. I fixed it today by simply uninstalling and re-installing it again. I'm using the plugin from this site, http://www.lyricsplugin.com/
Hope this helps.

savas