What's new

It should be possible to RESELL Apps

perezr10

Reaction score
Part of the benefit of owning something is the ability to re-sell it. That's why people buy houses instead of renting. One day you can sell your house and get back what you put into it as opposed to sending a check to some guy and never seeing that money again.

So if I truly "own" an app. Shouldn't I be able to resell it? Let's say, I purchase a game on my iphone. I finish it and I'm no longer ever going to play it. I should be able to resell it and get some money back for it. My kids do it all the time with their Nintendo games. Granted, apps are so much cheaper at this point, but the fact that it's not possible still bugs me. It's not about the money, it's the principle.

What really bugs me is that I'd like to GIVE apps that I purchased and I think someone else (wife, kids) might like better. If you can gift, I don't see why you can't give.

Part of the benefit of owning something is the ability to re-sell it. That's why people buy houses instead of renting. One day you can sell your house and get back what you put into it as opposed to sending a check to some guy and never seeing that money again.

So if I truly "own" an app. Shouldn't I be able to resell it? Let's say, I purchase a game on my iphone. I finish it and I'm no longer ever going to play it. I should be able to resell it and get some money back for it. My kids do it all the time with their Nintendo games. Granted, apps are so much cheaper at this point, but the fact that it's not possible still bugs me. It's not about the money, it's the principle.

What really bugs me is that I'd like to GIVE apps that I purchased and I think someone else (wife, kids) might like better. If you can gift, I don't see why you can't give.

You can give. Just sync the other device with the same iTunes account or login to it on the other device and download again.

Hmm, I'm not following you. If I was to connect my wifes iphone to my itunes account, it'll want to wipe her iphone clean, wouldn't it?

I am not sure about it but may be cloud will help you in this, Let me know what you think about it.

Last edited: