What's new

Issues with XR screen

tidg69

Reaction score
Hi, I replaced the battery on my XR and, after damaging the connection cord, the proximity sensor. Although the phone works (to the best of my knowledge) the swipe function of the screen does not work. Initially the screen looks fine but over a few seconds stripes appear (starting from the centre - the width of the charging port) and spread across the screen. I have tried all the permutations of starting/rebooting to no avail. I have ordered a new screen but would be grateful if someone could explain why this would be happening. Thank you in anticipation - Ian Greaves

Attachments

• Iphone screen.jpg
    Iphone screen.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
Hi, I replaced the battery on my XR and, after damaging the connection cord, the proximity sensor. Although the phone works (to the best of my knowledge) the swipe function of the screen does not work. Initially the screen looks fine but over a few seconds stripes appear (starting from the centre - the width of the charging port) and spread across the screen. I have tried all the permutations of starting/rebooting to no avail. I have ordered a new screen but would be grateful if someone could explain why this would be happening. Thank you in anticipation - Ian Greaves
If you have damaged the proximity sensor/flex you will need to replace it.

If you have damaged the proximity sensor/flex you will need to replace it.
Hi Caroline, I replaced the sensor and the flex with new ones. The phone had been repaired before, not by me, and the face id stopped working at that point.

So, replaced the screen — all is well now. No idea what caused the screen to fail, obviously me but how?? Never mind, all is well.