What's new

Issue with Messages app not syncing with Mac

DrumsOfGrohl

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm having issues with my messages not all showing up on my phone or my Mac. I have the latest iOS installed, and I first noticed it a few days ago. When I opened the Messages app on my Mac, I saw an unread text message that never showed up on my phone. I even responded to it and received another text, but they never showed up on my Phone.

I'm now having the opposite issue, in that my Messages app on my computer isn't showing all of the messages from my phone.

Its weird. It may have something to do with iMessages vs SMS messages.

Does anyone know of a way to reboot the connection?

I had the first issue in that messages were showing up on my Mac and iPad but not my iPhone.
I found that for some mysterious reason (I hadn't changed anything) in Send and receive my email address had disappeared.

I just checked the Send and Receive settings, and it correctly listed my phone number. But apparently I wasn't logged in to my Apple ID. I just logged in. We'll if that fixes anything.

It also seems to have automatically turned off Text Message Forwarding for one of my Macs... Maybe this happened when I updated to the new iOS, because I certainly didn't manually do this.